Windows 10: Screen Glitches on MSI GS65

Discus and support Screen Glitches on MSI GS65 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; recently purchased a new MSI GS 65 8SE. - i7-8750h - RtX 2060 - 20GB ram -144hz IPS display after a a few days the screen began to display what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A big ball of earwax, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Screen Glitches on MSI GS65

recently purchased a new MSI GS 65 8SE. - i7-8750h - RtX 2060 - 20GB ram -144hz IPS display

after a a few days the screen began to display what looks like horizontal tearing, horizontal sections of the screen will flicker and display either a duplicated portion of the screen, static, or the entire screen will flash black. the glitches seem to get worse when playing video, or interacting with certain elements of Windows UI (start menu, notifications)

the issue is not present on external monitors

The issue was present on the initial windows booting/sign in screen. did not occur after using MSI/nvidia drivers

Ive tried using drivers from MSI, nvidia, and Microsoft, (MSI and nvidia drivers reduce frequency of glitches until reboot)

ive tried setting refresh to 60hz /120hz (worsened issues)

tried a clean install of Windows,

So far nothing has made a significant improvement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

A big ball of earwax, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Glitching After Updating To Windows 10

Hi Ahsiek,

Display errors might have caused by an incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know the following:

• What is the
      build number and version of your Windows
      ?
    • When you say glitch, does it mean that the screen flickers?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows 10 laptop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the graphics driver of your Windows 10 by following the steps given on this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Screen Glitches on MSI GS65

Fujitsu Screen Glitch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use the Touchscreen of your Fujitsu tablet, we will look into this for you. However, in order to get to the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • Are you aware of any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

However, we can try calibrating the Touchscreen and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below to calibrate the Touchscreen:

1. Click on the search bar on the Taskbar and type
      calibrate.

2. Now, click on Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.
    3. Under Display tab, click on
      Calibrate
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the calibration process.
    5. Once the process is finished, you will receive a prompt to
      save the calibration data, click on Yes to save the process.

You can also try updating the Display drivers and see if that helps. Please follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . In the above article, you will find the suggestions to update drivers for Battery, instead of Battery, please expand Display adapters and follow the steps in the article.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Screen Glitches on MSI GS65

1. Screen Glitches on MSI GS65 - Similar Threads - Screen Glitches MSI

2. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    glitching screen and glitching videos: Hello, Recently my laptop screen started to freckle\glitch while playing videos either on the internet or on my laptop so I followed steps suggested as to uninstall and re-install the graphics update however, it happened again not so long after I did that 1 day later and I...
  3. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    glitching screen and glitching videos: Hello, Recently my laptop screen started to freckle\glitch while playing videos either on the internet or on my laptop so I followed steps suggested as to uninstall and re-install the graphics update however, it happened again not so long after I did that 1 day later and I...
  4. glitching screen and glitching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen Glitching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Glitching: Good morning,I have this weird glitching problem on a few sites and I was wondering what it is and what I can do to stop the glitching.The glitch: https://ibb.co/L6rrmzqThank You, Laura Mendes...
  6. Screen Glitching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Glitching: Good morning,I have this weird glitching problem on a few sites and I was wondering what it is and what I can do to stop the glitching.The glitch: https://ibb.co/L6rrmzqThank You, Laura Mendes...
  7. MSI GS65 Keyboard some keys stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSI GS65 Keyboard some keys stopped working.: Hello Everyone,My Laptop MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF builtin keyboard stopped working.I tried to re-install windows for few times but the problem doesn't fix.I found the similar post:Webcam driver completely removed since last update 2020 in MSI laptop - Microsoft...
  8. Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160Mhz doents works MSI GS65 R8

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160Mhz doents works MSI GS65 R8: when I start playing games on my MSI GS65 32Ram Rtx 2060 computer, after a while the controller stops working so I can't access the wifi, sometimes I disable it Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160Mhz and then it works again but it happens a lot, I don't know what I can do...
  9. msi gs65 laptop mic is making this static noise. anyone know what the problem/ solution is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    msi gs65 laptop mic is making this static noise. anyone know what the problem/ solution is...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ProSexHaver [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/leus1y/msi_gs65_laptop_mic_is_making_this_static_noise/
  10. Screen Glitching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Glitching: I have no idea what is happening here This happened as I was installing a windows update This issue also occurred while I was gaming and the only game I played recently was GTAv The screen glitches then the pc goes black and reboots I need to know why this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi gs65 screen flickering

2. weird screen on msi when on internet