Windows 10: Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off

Discus and support Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone My laptop screen goes off after 2 minutes as set, and when I move the mouse my screen relights up but is glitched. If I minimize all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JulianGC_7, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off

Hello everyone

My laptop screen goes off after 2 minutes as set, and when I move the mouse my screen relights up but is glitched. If I minimize all programs it rectifies it and everything is back to normal. It happens on any open file/program but not to the task bar or desktop.

Any idea how to resolve this? It's more of a concern than an actual problem

Thanks!! Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off f2ab9da7-409e-4649-88b0-85601fa41e19?upload=true.png Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off d3f3adbd-0efc-4621-9b08-b22e21d8f52e?upload=true.png Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off a841fb73-61bc-4626-a302-d263a9b0a900?upload=true.png

:)

JulianGC_7, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 no screen saver, never goes to sleep

I have a brand new Lenovo all in one desktop with Windows 10. This thing never goes to sleep and the screen saver never comes on even though the settings are turned on.

Yesterday I got my Brother Multifunction printer/copier/scanner machine (MFC8810DW) up and going with help of Brother. Even though everything prints just fine and the scanner works, the printer model isn't listed as a printer. There is something called a
    Brother pc-fax v.3 listed, but Brother said that's not my printer.. Brother said I should contact Lenovo.

Not sure if something from printer driver is stepping on something preventing machine from going to sleep and screen saver coming on.

DarcyHorton, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off

Screen goes black and won't change till sleep

Basically, when I load up a game the screen goes black. The only way to get out of this is to put the computer to sleep and wake it up. After this there is a chance it will do it all over again.

This problem also seems to happen when I don't use my laptop for 30 minutes or whatever so it turns the screen off. When I wiggle the mouse or hit a key to wake the screen up, there is a chance it will be just black and I have to put it to sleep and wake it up and try again.

Ideas of what is going on? Bumped this on 3/2/2014 because I thought it was fixed a month or so ago but apparently not. Have tried to use ONLY manufacturer drivers with no luck. Updating to latest Nvidia drivers also provides no fix. Something I should do in the bios?

satindemon4u, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off

1. Screen glitching after screen goes to sleep only screen turns off - Similar Threads - Screen glitching screen

2. PC doesn't go to sleep mode but only turns screen off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't go to sleep mode but only turns screen off: I've recently started experiencing this problem and I just can't seem to fix it, I've watched many tutorials on YouTube and the problem still resumes, my computer just doesn't turn off when I put it to sleep mode and only turns off the screen but once I move my mouse, it...
  3. Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep: Almost every time the screen turns off or goes to sleep, the PC seems to be shut down erroneously. And every time I have to turn the PC back on and shut it down again because when the PC is turned on after this issue occurs, it will not connect to any network the wi-fi toggle...
  4. Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 erroneously turns off when screen goes to sleep: Almost every time the screen turns off or goes to sleep, the PC seems to be shut down erroneously. And every time I have to turn the PC back on and shut it down again because when the PC is turned on after this issue occurs, it will not connect to any network the wi-fi toggle...
  5. computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer goes straight up to sleep whenever screen turns off: so I have the lenovo ideapad 5 running windows 10 of course, and whenever the screen goes off the lock screen appears when I entract.. this is new thing, in past days when screen is off it wouldn't go to lock screen or anything it just turn on normally. I tried to restore...
  6. Screen won't turn off or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen won't turn off or sleep: My screen won't turn off or sleep even though the settings are set. It does occasionally turn off after 5 mins as set, but randomly comes back on. It will rarely sleep unless I use the power button and manually send it to sleep....
  7. Screen Not Turning On After Sleep

Screen Not Turning On After Sleep: I have a problem where sometimes my computer will not wake up after it goes to sleep. It's very frustrating because no matter what buttons I press, the only option is to do a hard shutdown and power it up again, which closes all the work I was doing. Sometimes it wakes up as...
  8. Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop goes to sleep as soon as screen turns off: I've had an Asus Vivobook for a couple of months now, after spending nearly 10 years using the same Toshiba netbook running Windows 7. Overall it's a great laptop but I cannot for the life of me figure out this problem, and I'm not sure if it's Windows-10-specific or...
  9. Screen Glitch after laptop sleeps or screen shutdowns because of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Glitch after laptop sleeps or screen shutdowns because of inactivity: So this is how it looks like, each time my PC goes to sleepmode or my screen turns off due to inactivity. It can be fixed by minimizing the screen/ moving it around. [IMG]...
  10. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...