Windows 10: Screen go black after reboot

Discus and support Screen go black after reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a reoccurring problem of which I cannot figure out the cause. When I reboot my PC and click on a browser Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge or open an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bjel78, Aug 27, 2021.

1. bjel78 Win User

Screen go black after reboot

I have a reoccurring problem of which I cannot figure out the cause. When I reboot my PC and click on a browser Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge or open an app, they open and then freezes a few seconds--then goes black for about 10 to 13 seconds. After that I can click on whenever without that happening again until I reboot. I have clean history, temp, prefetch, cookies, cache, etc. I ran the CCleaner, Eset security, Search and destroy, Malwarebytes, etc.; I ran Memtest86, updated my bios; but nothing I do seem to correct the problem. Also, Facebook page takes a long time loading, and the videos

:)

bjel78, Aug 27, 2021

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 27, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen go black after reboot - Similar Threads - Screen black reboot

2. Windows reboots randomly after black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reboots randomly after black screen: My pc just been restarting randomly while playing. It does not display any BSOD or creates any minidump. Im dont know if it might be a PSU or GPU related problem and i have no idea how to correctly read the event viewer. This only happens when playing games like Fortnite,...
  3. Windows 10 black screen after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after reboot.: We have over 10 users reporting systems displaying black screens, but nothing else. This is being isolated to our group of HP machines: HP HP ProDesk 400 G4 SFF Business PCWindows Version: Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 en-USThe machine will reach...
  4. Screen going black after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going black after startup: My screen is going black after startup but I can use my shortcuts like ctrl + shift + esc to open task manager and after it becomes black screen I just keep it idle after 10 to 20 min the screen comes again idk if the problem is with the graphics card because it's 1080p...
  5. Screen going black after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen going black after startup: My screen is going black after startup but I can use my shortcuts like ctrl + shift + esc to open task manager and after it becomes black screen I just keep it idle after 10 to 20 min the screen comes again idk if the problem is with the graphics card because it's 1080p...
  6. Screen going black after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Black Screen after Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after Reboot: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590, after my company gave me my laptop. Everything seemed to go smoothly, got all drivers updated and personal softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only and have never experienced before. I've researched...
  8. Black screen after reboot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after reboot into safe mode: Whilst preparing to upgrade my motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU, I decided to put my PC into safe mode before uninstalling my old GPU drivers switching from nVidia to AMD, didn't want to risk any conflicts. Went into config and selected reboot in safe mode, and clicked restart...
  9. Black screen on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on reboot: I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result. Can anyone help?...
  10. Reboots after logo then black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboots after logo then black screen: My basic specs: CPU - 5960X MOBO: ASUS Rampage V Extreme GPU: GTX 980 I turn my computer on, see the BIOS just fine, it shows the Windows 10 logo, then a black screen. If I move my mouse around, I see the cursor. After nearly 30 seconds (i'm guessing), my computer...