Windows 10: Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

Discus and support Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonathanArias4, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is pretty annoying as ive already lost some work, please help me fix this.

:)

JonathanArias4, Oct 11, 2022

2. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember
    how to turn it off.

peren darksbane, Oct 11, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 11, 2022
  4. Keiem Win User

Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

Hello,
    Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop.
    When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I can also see the internet connecting again.
    All my screensavers/shutdowns are set on 10 minutes or more.

What can cause this?

Keiem, Oct 11, 2022
Thema:

Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

1. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  3. CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.: I was using CMD and I left it alone for a few minutes. When I go to see the app, it is now gone. I have been trying to see what is going on for a few hours and I could not see anything that would help. I searched it up on Microsoft's official help section on their website and...
  4. CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD Closing after being left idle for a few minutes.: I was using CMD and I left it alone for a few minutes. When I go to see the app, it is now gone. I have been trying to see what is going on for a few hours and I could not see anything that would help. I searched it up on Microsoft's official help section on their website and...
  5. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  6. My screen goes off after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My screen goes off after a few minutes: Hello Today for the first time in a long time I opened a computer, bought two cans of compressed air and started cleaning the inside. After assembling the computer and connecting all devices (monitor, mouse, speakers), the first time the computer was turned on, a...
  7. Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my windows go black after a few minutes of idle: I have a great computer, Core i7-6700k with a rx580, 16gb RAM, and a 1.8tb with 250gb ssd(ssd is almost full, HD is not.), but, sometimes random applications will go black after not using them for a little bit, is this a setting I can turn off? submitted by /u/ElementArrow...
  8. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  9. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...