Windows 10: Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen

Discus and support Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 with Windows 10. My laptop has started going black a couple of seconds after putting an online video full screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by emacuruia, Apr 21, 2020.

1. emacuruia Win User

Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen

I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 with Windows 10.

My laptop has started going black a couple of seconds after putting an online video full screen on Google Chrome. My screen brightness is on the lowest setting and the keyboard is unlit.

Every time it takes me to the screen saver section and I need to do face recognition or type in the code again to log in. The sound is not interrupted at all during this, so the audio continues just fine.

I have checked the screen timeout and it's set on 10 minutes.

I noticed this started happening after installing the latest updates from Windows?

How do I fix this?

:)

emacuruia, Apr 21, 2020

2. Screen goes black while playing videos

Original Title: Screen goes black.

Whenever I'm watching a movie or streaming something online, my screen goes black and then says the computer ran into a problem and has to restart. Its really annoying. It says something like video drn failure. Can someone help me?

JohnCandia, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen

1. Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  3. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  4. Two screens, full screen online video reverts to window

in Browsers and Email
    Two screens, full screen online video reverts to window: Hello! I have two screens connected to my system, one with VGA that is my main screen where I work and a TV with HDMI that I use to watch some serials that I miss while they air. So I go to my favorite TV channel website and start watching the last episode I missed. I click...
  5. screen goes black for a few seconds after enabling and disabling full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes black for a few seconds after enabling and disabling full screen: it goes black for like 3-5 seconds started happening when i got my pc and its starting to get annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-after-enabling/b0fe59bc-4580-4d3a-a5cb-9148e710af19
  6. Black screen problem after playing online videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen problem after playing online videos: My pc keeps on having black screen whenever I play online videos, and I always end up force shutting down my pc so I could use it again, It started happening after I updated my windows 10 version. Can someone help me what could be the problem?...
  7. Screen goes black after sounds plays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black after sounds plays: The microsoft troubleshooter updated some of my audio drivers after I had issues with no sound playing issue was just with the monitor. After installing the drivers as soon as a sound plays on my computer the screen goes black. The sound will keep on playing but the screen...
  8. While in Full Screen, my screen goes black.

While in Full Screen, my screen goes black.: LOOKING FOR (Andre for Directly) I am making a new thread bc it won't let me reply to you at all and it keeps saying "Oops! Something went wrong" and it's actually triggering me. And I looked at the motherboard, I can't see the mx - xxxx number and version of the...
  9. While in Full Screen, my screen goes Black.

While in Full Screen, my screen goes Black.: Now, when I am in Minecraft, or any other game, and I'm just playing normally, my screen goes black for some reason. I do not know why and it's very frustrating. If someone can please help, that would be appreciated. I just want to get this fixed. :(...
  10. One Monitor Goes Black When Playing Full Screen Video or Games - After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Monitor Goes Black When Playing Full Screen Video or Games - After Windows 10 Update: I have seen other post about this same issue. When I open a video playback app, and sometimes when playing a simple game (non-3D Accelerated), one of my monitors will go black if I expand the video or game into full screen mode. I have three monitors, with two monitors...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Video in Full Screen goes blank after a couple seconds