Windows 10: Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10

Discus and support Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP laptop windows 10 screen goes black after I select any of two available options in Windows Boot Manager of press F8 for advanced options, again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhay Rao, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Abhay Rao Win User

Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10

My HP laptop windows 10 screen goes black after I select any of two available options in Windows Boot Manager of press F8 for advanced options, again the screen goes black. How do I fix this issue.Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Abhay Rao, Aug 4, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Aug 4, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10

Windows 10 blank screen after boot-up....

Anyone have any luck with this ? Windows appears to boot normally until the screen with the little dots on it. Then it goes black , stays that way for a minute and finally logs on. I`ve already googled this and all the answers boil down to two solutions - disable fast startup and change your graphics driver. Neither rly helped for me tho it did seem to be graphics card related.

Awaiting more expert suggestions from TPU !

francis511, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10

1. Screen goes black after selecting any option from boot manager in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Black screen after selecting a advanced trouble shoot option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after selecting a advanced trouble shoot option: When I select an option from the advanced trouble shoot menu the screen goes black, loses signal but the rest of the computer stays on and the keyboard and mouse are still on. My monitor automatically turns off and does not receive any more signal and does nothing else no pop...
  3. Black screen after selecting a advanced trouble shoot option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after selecting a advanced trouble shoot option: When I select an option from the advanced trouble shoot menu the screen goes black, loses signal but the rest of the computer stays on and the keyboard and mouse are still on. My monitor automatically turns off and does not receive any more signal and does nothing else no pop...
  4. Black screen after selecting a advanced trouble shoot option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Boot Manager with black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Manager with black screen: Dear all,on a brand-new HP x360 laptop 15-eb1829nz 11th gen. Intel with Win 11 pre-installed, I shrank the partition with the pre-installed windows and created a new partition where I performed a clean install of Win 11.Both installations are working fine, and the Windows...
  6. Windows Boot Manager with black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Manager with black screen: Dear all,on a brand-new HP x360 laptop 15-eb1829nz 11th gen. Intel with Win 11 pre-installed, I shrank the partition with the pre-installed windows and created a new partition where I performed a clean install of Win 11.Both installations are working fine, and the Windows...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't boot after selecting original boot option in advance boot options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after selecting original boot option in advance boot options: My PC was running normal but then after I selected the original boot option in the advanced boot options then it requested me to restart my PC after which it is unable to boot and goes on in a loop of automatic repairs I have tried troubleshooting but that doesn't work , I...
  8. Microsoft surface 7 screen goes black after boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft surface 7 screen goes black after boot: I forced rebooted my surface pro, goes to welcome screen then goes black. I can move my cursor around but it's on a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-surface-7-screen-goes-black-after-boot/30f24728-9f1c-4ba8-94e2-d66900222025
  9. Cannot select picture in windows 10 screen goes to black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot select picture in windows 10 screen goes to black: I can see the pictures in slideshow so it's not a background setting problem. When I attempt to change the background picture, the pictures do not show up in preview. I select browse and select a picture then the screen goes black and the drop down shows solid color. This...
  10. windows 10 screen goes black after logging in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 screen goes black after logging in: when I open my laptop its screen always turn black after logging in so ill update my windows to the latest after the update some of my apps didn't responding even though ill reinstall it . so that's why I decided to reset my laptop to old windows again and so the screen goes...