Windows 10: Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back

Discus and support Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has happened multiple times but only recently and never before. My screen randomly goes dark then all apps in the background like MSI Afterburner,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by QZxV4, May 20, 2022.

1. QZxV4 Win User

Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back

This has happened multiple times but only recently and never before. My screen randomly goes dark then all apps in the background like MSI Afterburner, taskbarx , translucent tb and wallpaper engine etc. But its not only with background apps it also happens with regular apps when i do something with shaders. the screen goes black and that app crashes

:)

QZxV4, May 20, 2022

2. background screen goes black

Every couple of minutes the background screen goes black first the blue circle come
    screen goes black I lose toolbar and the icons for about a second .

I am running Windows 10 pro insider preview elevation copy build 1 7661.rs_ prerelease.

on then the

180428 – 1349

JohnSteen1, May 20, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 20, 2022
  4. Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back

Artifacts on screen. Screen goes black

Some pictures of the artefacts at varying resolutions

Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back [​IMG]

The offender:

LoyalOpposition, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back

1. Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.: A couple of seconds after starting up Windows 11 or even just at random times windows seems to freeze and crash for no reason, my pc specs are:AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-Core ProcesorPRIME TRX40-PRO SAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT32 GB of RAMI have tried updating my graphics...
  3. Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.: A couple of seconds after starting up Windows 11 or even just at random times windows seems to freeze and crash for no reason, my pc specs are:AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-Core ProcesorPRIME TRX40-PRO SAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT32 GB of RAMI have tried updating my graphics...
  4. Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back: This has happened multiple times but only recently and never before. My screen randomly goes dark then all apps in the background like MSI Afterburner, taskbarx , translucent tb and wallpaper engine etc. But its not only with background apps it also happens with regular apps...
  5. Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black all background apps crash then screen comes back: This has happened multiple times but only recently and never before. My screen randomly goes dark then all apps in the background like MSI Afterburner, taskbarx , translucent tb and wallpaper engine etc. But its not only with background apps it also happens with regular apps...
  6. Black screen comes but goes after restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen comes but goes after restart.: Hi, Recently I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security. Then I was deleting it from registry, I deleted a file most probably named Microsoft over there. Then an error message came and everything went dark. I restored registry and clicked restart of the computer. Then The...
  7. My laptop screen goes black and comes back on again .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop screen goes black and comes back on again .: My laptop screen goes black while I am browsing net or reading a pdf. There is no cursor visible and I just keep clicking then a small tab appears on the left top corner with the minimize maximize and close button only and now the cursor also becomes visible. The after few...
  8. screen goes black but comes back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes black but comes back up: I recently got a Dell Intel Core i5 8th generation. I've had this machine for about 2 weeks, a little less. It runs smoothly except it randomly goes to a black screen but comes back almost immediately. Nothing is lost or even damaged, but I'm not sure why the screen blacks...
  9. Screen goes black for a scond then comes on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black for a scond then comes on.: After installing win 10 and update the screen periodically goes black. Then comes on again for awhile....etc... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-for-a-scond-then-comes-on/d0fe6b00-3225-447e-9bee-c27b81300f93
  10. Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode): Hello Everyone, I have setup my laptop screen to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity. The problem is that the display doesn't come back once it is turned off. The Laptop is always in running mode as I have disabled the sleep option while plugged in. I am using an...