Windows 10: Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode)

Discus and support Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have setup my laptop screen to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity. The problem is that the display doesn't come back once it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AdamHarris_MN, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode)

Hello Everyone,

I have setup my laptop screen to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity. The problem is that the display doesn't come back once it is turned off.

The Laptop is always in running mode as I have disabled the sleep option while plugged in.

I am using an HP Pavilion Laptop.

I have run the power troubleshooter but that just changes my sleep and screen off timings and adjust brightness.

Thanks for your help in advance.

:)

AdamHarris_MN, Aug 24, 2019
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. My Win 10 computer does not goes into sleep mode

Hello comunity please help me with this issue

I have a Lenovo laptop with Win 10, since a couple of month ago, I´m having one issue, my computer doesn´t goes into sleep mode, when i click on sleep in the power options it seems to go into sleep, but it does it for a couple of minutes, and then the computer
    comes backs on.

Plesa help me, I don´t know what to do, I use sleep mode alot

JaimeSifontes, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode)

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode)

1. Screen goes black and doesn't come back. (Laptop Not in Sleep Mode) - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  3. Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop goes into sleep mode then straight to black screen: Desktop goes into sleep mode on startup then into black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-goes-into-sleep-mode-then-straight-to/bfc394ff-7ede-431c-836f-dae538180d5c
  4. Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.: A couple of seconds after starting up Windows 11 or even just at random times windows seems to freeze and crash for no reason, my pc specs are:AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-Core ProcesorPRIME TRX40-PRO SAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT32 GB of RAMI have tried updating my graphics...
  5. Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes, goes into a black screen and then comes back.: A couple of seconds after starting up Windows 11 or even just at random times windows seems to freeze and crash for no reason, my pc specs are:AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960x 24-Core ProcesorPRIME TRX40-PRO SAMD Radeon RX 5700 XT32 GB of RAMI have tried updating my graphics...
  6. My laptop screen goes black and comes back on again .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop screen goes black and comes back on again .: My laptop screen goes black while I am browsing net or reading a pdf. There is no cursor visible and I just keep clicking then a small tab appears on the left top corner with the minimize maximize and close button only and now the cursor also becomes visible. The after few...
  7. doesn't come back from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    doesn't come back from sleep: I have a monitor a keyboard and a mouse connected to my laptop, I don't have space on my desk for both my laptop and monitor so I just use my monitor with the laptop closed but when It goes to sleep I cant used my keyboard or mouse to wake it up, I have to open the laptop...
  8. screen goes black but comes back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes black but comes back up: I recently got a Dell Intel Core i5 8th generation. I've had this machine for about 2 weeks, a little less. It runs smoothly except it randomly goes to a black screen but comes back almost immediately. Nothing is lost or even damaged, but I'm not sure why the screen blacks...
  9. Black screen when coming back from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen when coming back from sleep mode: I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 and the last two days I've had issues when coming back to the laptop after closing the lid and putting it into sleep mode. When I reopen the lid and press a button on the keyboard everything lights up like normal and starts running- except the...
  10. Sleep Mode coming back on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep Mode coming back on: I have a 5 year old desk computer with windows 10. I have a Brothers printer MFC-L2740DW, which is an all in one type printer, connected to the home network. If I put the computer on sleep mode in about 15 seconds the computer comes back on by itself. what happens is the...