Windows 10: Screen goes black and game crashes when playing heavy games

Discus and support Screen goes black and game crashes when playing heavy games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I’ve been having this problem with my PC for a while and I’ve tried so many fixes but nothing is working. It’s a custom built PC I got last Christmas.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ciren04, Jul 10, 2019.

1. ciren04 Win User

Screen goes black and game crashes when playing heavy games

I’ve been having this problem with my PC for a while and I’ve tried so many fixes but nothing is working. It’s a custom built PC I got last Christmas. It started with Minecraft, when I added shaders and used mods it just crashed one day and my whole screen went black, then I couldn’t even use shaders in vanilla. But one day I was playing Roblox and it even restarted my whole PC. My PC can definitely handle it because Ive played GTA V with high graphics and the game ran smoothly.

I’ve tried many fixes including updating the drivers, going into safe mode, resetting my pc, updating the bios and a few more.

I don’t know if my specs are important but I’ll put them here anyway.

Intel core i5-2600

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

1 TB storage

3.30 GHz 4 Cores

16 GB Ram

:)

ciren04, Jul 10, 2019
  2. BlueKoin Win User

Black Screen Crash, Audio Still Plays

Okay, following the steps you just provided has proven that the problem is indeed linked to the graphics card. I can play games without the black screen crash occurring, however, the games run very poorly and are very lag-heavy. Also, the HDMI port on
    the card is not working, which is odd because the VGA port on the card works. I've tried installing older drivers, first those from August and then those from January, and both cause the black screen crash issue to happen again. Does this mean I need to buy
    a new graphics card?

BlueKoin, Jul 10, 2019
  3. iuppiter Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Screen goes black and game crashes when playing heavy games [​IMG]

iuppiter, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Screen goes black and game crashes when playing heavy games

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Screen goes black and game crashes when playing heavy games

1. Screen goes black and game crashes when playing heavy games - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashing to black screen when playing certain games: My PC has been crashing literally a few seconds into booting specific games, so far I've encountered this issue with Forza Horizon 5 and Palworld. The event viewer logs just say "The previous system shutdown at time on date was unexpected."Initially I thought my driver store...
  3. BSOD when playing games / heavy load`

BSOD when playing games / heavy load`: Hello. I'm new to the forums; I've specifically created this account to get assistance with my current problem. My computer has been crashing randomly whenever I try to play resource heavy games Genshin Impact/Dead by daylight/The finals but works totally fine on lighter...
  4. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  5. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  6. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  7. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  8. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  9. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  10. Monitor goes black when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when playing some games.: Hey guys, I'm getting a black screen when playing certain games i.e. rocket league, fall guys, code vein, dying light + more. Unfortunately it doesn't happen on all titles which is weird. The black screen only last for a second and then the game runs perfectly fine, however...