Windows 10: Screen goes black at random times. Sometimes when idle.

Discus and support Screen goes black at random times. Sometimes when idle. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC works for a while after screen goes black and then it reboots on its own. I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn't work (used that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zivlaks, May 11, 2016.

1. zivlaks Win User

Screen goes black at random times. Sometimes when idle.

PC works for a while after screen goes black and then it reboots on its own.

I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn't work (used that software that completely wipes them first). I suspect the GPU or PSU might be the culpit here. PSU is 730W Thermaltake Smart SE SPS-730M Modular 87%ef (has good reviews, brand name in EU) and the GPU is 7950 Sapphire.

I posted the dump files as attachment using the DM Log Collector tool provided by site admins. If you need any other info please ask me. I'm a new user and this is my first post here *Nerd

:)

zivlaks, May 11, 2016

2. Black screen

Windows screen goes black, as in power save mode, at random times, stays black for a random amount of time

runandgolf, May 11, 2016
  3. My phone repeatedly freezes (Nokia Lumia 920)

My phone repeatedly freezes and will not open messages, email, or the camera. When i click on any of these, the screen goes black and then returns to the home screen. I have to restart the phone to get it to work again. Why does this happen and how can
    I fix it? When the phone is frozen like this, it will still open apps, just not messaging, email, or the camera. It happens at random times, sometimes once a day and sometimes 10 time a day. I tried resetting the phone and hard resetting it and then reloading
    everything from the backup. Idk what to do now and I don't wanna delete everything.

chiefbossjawn, May 11, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
    The Forum rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
    • Discussing it,
    • Asking for guidance,
    • Asking for a crack,
    • The use of it,
    • Etc.

5. zivlaks Win User
    I have so much stuff, not sure which one is genuine which one isn't. Is there a list somewhere?

zivlaks, May 11, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    It is much better that you go through your programs and remove all illegal activated programs than that I try to provide a list, I can easily make mistakes.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen goes black at random times. Sometimes when idle. - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  3. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  4. Screen goes black randomly

Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  5. Blue screen when idle and random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when idle and random times: Help!My computer is experiencing random BSOD and I can't figure out why. I already ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and found no errors. I sometimes get IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error and I forgot what the other one is. I sometimes don't see the error screen because I leave my...
  6. Blue screen when idle and random times

Blue screen when idle and random times: Help!My computer is experiencing random BSOD and I can't figure out why. I already ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and found no errors. I sometimes get IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error and I forgot what the other one is. I sometimes don't see the error screen because I leave my...
  7. Blue screen when idle and random times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle: Hi. I have an issue where my laptop would randomly freeze and / or the screen will go black and the entire system would be unresponsive. This happens randomly and I can't find what causes it. The system would freeze when I'm watching YouTube, or gaming or when I leave the...
  9. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....
  10. Random black screen with no cursor when GPU is idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random black screen with no cursor when GPU is idle.: Hi all, I've recently built a new PC and I keep getting a random black screen with no cursor in Windows 10. It seems to be happening on just the desktop with nothing or a few windows open. It has never happened while playing a game but can happen after just 30 seconds of...