Windows 10: Screen goes black/dark every second or two (A little Flicker too)

Discus and support Screen goes black/dark every second or two (A little Flicker too) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem usually happens when using a game or app. All the apps are compatible, I searched all over youtube and google but everything did not work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lazy0407, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Lazy0407 Win User

Screen goes black/dark every second or two (A little Flicker too)

The problem usually happens when using a game or app. All the apps are compatible, I searched all over youtube and google but everything did not work. My laptop was already on Windows 10 when I got it and I have not gone through any Windows updates. Screen going black/dark and flicker does not interfere with anything, it's just annoying. Any way to fix it?

My Dell Laptop is Windows 10 Home, Version 1607, OS Build: 14393.0, Processor: AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G (4 CPUs), System Model: Inspiron 5555, BIOS: A12

:)

Lazy0407, Apr 19, 2019

2. photoshop cs6 black screen flickering issues

For all those people who face this error please find below the easiest solution for this error.

1. First of all click on the Catalyst Control Center.
    2. Now click on ‘3D Application Settings’.
    3. All you have to do is change the ‘Wait for Vertical Refresh’ option to ‘On, unless application specifies’.

If you are not able to fix the issue using the steps given above and wanna try some other effective methods visit : Windows 8 and Photoshop CS6 Black Screen Flickering

Bhupesh Nimje, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Black edges around monitor and screen flickering a little

I run Microsoft Edge with Dell Inspiron 13, Series 7000. Why I get black edges around the monitor and it flickers a little bit the whole screen area?

Victoria Alicia, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Screen goes black/dark every second or two (A little Flicker too)

Screen flickering black then goes red

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Is the issue specific when watching videos on YouTube or does it happen randomly?
    • In which browser are you watching the videos?
    • Did you try different browser?
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

If the upgrade process completed successfully, I suggest you to refer to the link provided below and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Hope this information helps. Please do let us know if the issue with the flickering screen gets resolved. If the issue still persists, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Screen goes black/dark every second or two (A little Flicker too)

1. Screen goes black/dark every second or two (A little Flicker too) - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Screen flickers/repeatedly goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers/repeatedly goes black: As mentioned in the title, my screen continuously goes black and then back to normal. However, this only occurs when there is a window open on the screen. If it's just the desktop showing, it will never flicker....
  3. Screen flickers/repeatedly goes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickers/repeatedly goes black: As mentioned in the title, my screen continuously goes black and then back to normal. However, this only occurs when there is a window open on the screen. If it's just the desktop showing, it will never flicker....
  4. Screen flickers/repeatedly goes black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen flickers and goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers and goes black: So, my device keeps flickering sometimes when It's play a game or just don't do anything on it for a while. When I am on it for a while it starts flickering like its glitching and goes black. The only way I can see my screen is using my monitor. on the monitor screen it...
  6. Screen flickers and goes black

Screen flickers and goes black: So, my device keeps flickering sometimes when It's play a game or just don't do anything on it for a while. When I am on it for a while it starts flickering like its glitching and goes black. The only way I can see my screen is using my monitor. on the monitor screen it...
  7. Screen flickers and goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Screen goes black and flickers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black and flickers: Hi, for the past year I've been having problems with my screen. Sometimes the screen will go black with weird coloured lines for a few seconds, then the screen goes to normal and flickers. Now I've notices that it isn't always the whole screen that flickers. Sometimes its...
  9. Screen goes black and flickers

Screen goes black and flickers: Hi, for the past year I've been having problems with my screen. Sometimes the screen will go black with weird coloured lines for a few seconds, then the screen goes to normal and flickers. Now I've notices that it isn't always the whole screen that flickers. Sometimes its...
  10. My screen goes black every few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen goes black every few seconds: My windows 10 screen goes black every few seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-goes-black-every-few-seconds/10b40768-8ba8-478a-833d-893b3fdc06b4