Windows 10: screen goes black for a second when i plug it in

Discus and support screen goes black for a second when i plug it in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; whenever i put the power plug into my laptop the screen goes black for a second. same for if i unplug it. its a brand new ASUS gaming laptop ive had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bougal_Dougal, May 28, 2020.

1. screen goes black for a second when i plug it in

whenever i put the power plug into my laptop the screen goes black for a second. same for if i unplug it. its a brand new ASUS gaming laptop ive had for maybe a month. is this something i should be worried about?

submitted by /u/Bougal_Dougal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bougal_Dougal, May 28, 2020
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Screen goes black

Hi,

To isolate your concern, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your laptop prior to this?
    • Does it only happen when you use Internet Explorer, or have you tried using a different browser?
    • Are there any external devices plugged into your laptop?

If your laptop experiences a black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, you may refer to this
    link on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. Follow the steps provided. For additional help with
    Internet Explorer, click here.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, May 28, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 28, 2020
  4. nancytroy Win User

screen goes black for a second when i plug it in

i am watching netflick on my laptop and the screen goes black after 15 seconds or so and i have to wiggle the mouse to get pic back any suggestions

• i am watching netflick on my laptop and the screen goes black after 15 seconds or so and i have to wiggle the mouse to get pic back any suggestions

nancytroy, May 28, 2020
Thema:

screen goes black for a second when i plug it in

1. screen goes black for a second when i plug it in - Similar Threads - screen goes black

2. Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    Computer screen goes black when HDMI plugged in: [IMG]Windows computers have a feature that allows you to connect the external display(s) by different methods. One of these methods is by using the HDMI cable. But when some users tried connecting the external display through an HDMI cable, it went black. For some users, the...
  3. screen goes black for a second than goes on after that

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes black for a second than goes on after that: As the title says thats my issue, now in like 1 min before i typed it i left my monitor on and pc and to eat and come back, the power on button was on but the monitor was pitch black, i am not sure whats wrong the connections to the pc from monitor to pc are great to my...
  4. Sometimes I plug my external harddrive in and the screen goes black for a second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes I plug my external harddrive in and the screen goes black for a second: As the title says, sometimes I plug my external hard drive in and the screen goes black for a second. It's really rare though. Is this problem related to the OS? I'm using Windows 10. It recently did a large update, so maybe I won't have the problem again.... Or is it a sign...
  5. Sometimes I plug my external harddrive in and the screen goes black for a second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes I plug my external harddrive in and the screen goes black for a second: As the title says, sometimes I plug my external hard drive in and the screen goes black for a second. It's really rare though. Is this problem related to the OS? I'm using Windows 10. It recently did a large update, so maybe I won't have the problem again.... Or is it a sign...
  6. Sometimes I plug my external harddrive in and the screen goes black for a second

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. screen goes black when charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen goes black when charger plugged in: Hi need help my acer laptop screen goes black when I plug the charger in to charge it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-when-charger-plugged-in/686ee661-5aa5-439a-a2cb-a17499af24e0
  8. W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Screen goes black when HDMI monitor plugged in: In an attempt to connect to a Samsung external monitor the laptop screen goes black when HDMI cable is plugged in. I have checked the settings from the notifications-project - panel is set to laptop only. Is is perhaps stuck to monitor only in another place?...
  9. When i plug in my charger, my screen goes black

When i plug in my charger, my screen goes black: Hello! I was wondering-If any of you can help-why my screen goes black when I plug in my charger. When I plug it in, it goes black and I can't see what I had open, it's like it turned off, but when I unplug it, the tabs I had open show back up, so I was wondering if any of...
  10. Screen goes black for a few seconds

Screen goes black for a few seconds: Occasionally my PC goes all black for several seconds (and for not logical reason) after update to Windows 10 Home, version 1803, OS Build 17134. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but is annoying. Any help would be appreciated. BillyS...