Windows 10: Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

Discus and support Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. So I have a recently purchased Asus TUF A-15 Gaming laptop with Nvidia RTX 3050 and Ryzen 7 with pre-installed Windows 11. It was working fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bravegoose, May 23, 2022.

1. Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

Hi. So I have a recently purchased Asus TUF A-15 Gaming laptop with Nvidia RTX 3050 and Ryzen 7 with pre-installed Windows 11. It was working fine until recently when I updated the windows. Following the update, the screen goes black immediately after login but power stays on and each time i have to manually power it off. I also uninstalled the feature updates through troubleshoot however the problem continues.Whenever i log in, the screen and keyboard works for a few seconds and then goes black. Keyboard also stops responding but fans continue to work as power stays on. I haven't been able to

:)

bravegoose, May 23, 2022
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, May 23, 2022
  3. jds63 Win User

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, May 23, 2022
  4. Dadicator Win User

Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

Laptop or Desktop (Very important) Windows 10 build 14.586 has a very annoying BUG: That causes Black Screen after login:
    To date there is no cure until Microsoft send Update to fix the problem: OK here goes: When you Login and the Screen Goes Black ==>
    Go to your Function Keys for Screen Brightness Chose to Lighten the Screen (This will make the screen Bright) so that you can view it.
    The BUG is that they reversed (via Software) what the Brightness button does -- So it is currently reversed -- "Lighten" makes it Dark -- "Darken" makes it Bright ==> Go figure Microsoft screw the pooch on this one. . . .

This is for LAPTOP -- I have never seen this on Desktops but they are fixed rather than adjustable

Dadicator, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

1. Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on. - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. screen goes black for a second than goes on after that

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes black for a second than goes on after that: As the title says thats my issue, now in like 1 min before i typed it i left my monitor on and pc and to eat and come back, the power on button was on but the monitor was pitch black, i am not sure whats wrong the connections to the pc from monitor to pc are great to my...
  3. Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black immediately after log in but power stays on.: Hi. So I have a recently purchased Asus TUF A-15 Gaming laptop with Nvidia RTX 3050 and Ryzen 7 with pre-installed Windows 11. It was working fine until recently when I updated the windows. Following the update, the screen goes black immediately after login but power stays on...
  4. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  5. Black screen after powering on

Black screen after powering on: Hello,Today I ran into a problem with my computer. Some background info, I currently have Windows installed on my SSD and also have an additional HDD but that harddrive is old and has a lot of problems. So when turning on my PC windows asks me to do a disk check. But I don’t...
  6. Black screen after powering on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Screen goes black after login.

Screen goes black after login.: What should I do? After login there is just a black screen. I can see my mouse pointer though.after I press alt+ctrl+del and open task manager and create a new task explorer it doesnt work.I can browse through all the files by using the browse option.This happened after an...
  8. Computer goes black, unresponsive, while gaming but stays powered on.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer goes black, unresponsive, while gaming but stays powered on.: I wanted to post on here, a forum I utilized, when encountering black screen/crashing issues I was having. the black screen issue seems to be resolved after some minor changes which I will explain. I have a rather odd set of circumstances that I will explain. I want to...
  9. HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop Powers On & Screen Goes Black: A friend of my brother's has asked me to look and see if I can fix his HP Laptop that he just bought at Walmart. He told me over the phone that it will boot up/power up but the screen eventually goes black after it's powered on. I will have the computer on Tuesday. I am...
  10. windows 10 screen goes black after logging in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 screen goes black after logging in: when I open my laptop its screen always turn black after logging in so ill update my windows to the latest after the update some of my apps didn't responding even though ill reinstall it . so that's why I decided to reset my laptop to old windows again and so the screen goes...