Windows 10: Screen goes black in fullscreen during night time only

Discus and support Screen goes black in fullscreen during night time only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 7 and whenever I use fullscreen at night the screen will turn black. I can still hear the audio but I cannot see the video. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AaronCadayong, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Screen goes black in fullscreen during night time only

I have a Surface Pro 7 and whenever I use fullscreen at night the screen will turn black. I can still hear the audio but I cannot see the video. I have tried this on multiple different applications such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. This problem does not occur during the day.

I have updated the display drivers and still nothing has changed.

:)

AaronCadayong, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Jack_197 Win User

Screen goes black when fullscreen windows 8.1

Since 3 weeks ago my laptop's screen goes black when I try to maximize (fullscreen) any file (folders , movies , browsers , ...) but the laptop works properly when the screen gets black But it's okay when every file is windowed. After going black I minimize
    that window (which is fullscreen) and use the key "fn+f7" two times and the screen returns. Sometimes after working for some hours this problem fixes and I can fullscreen the files but after putting my laptop to sleep mode and then turning it on the problem
    returns.

I'm using asus laptop n550jk model and windoes 8.1 with all the drivers updated to the their latest versions.

Also my battery hasn't fully charged since 4 months ago and its light is flashing and its percentage is stuck at 80%.

I have also tried some anti viruses but nothing helped me.

How can I fix this problem?

Is my battery cuasing this problem or this is hardware issue?

Jack_197, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Screen goes black in fullscreen during night time only

Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Screen goes black in fullscreen during night time only

1. Screen goes black in fullscreen during night time only - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Pc screen goes black during the wipe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc screen goes black during the wipe.: I have been trying to wipe my pc so I can sell it. It won't wipe and when it should start wiping it just makes the screen go black. I have had it wiping for more then a day. When I restart it, it says that the pc reset failed....
  3. Pc screen goes black during the wipe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc screen goes black during the wipe.: I have been trying to wipe my pc so I can sell it. It won't wipe and when it should start wiping it just makes the screen go black. I have had it wiping for more then a day. When I restart it, it says that the pc reset failed....
  4. Pc screen goes black during the wipe.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen goes black during zoom: When I am a participant in a zoom meeting and the host shares her screen , my computer screen goes entirely black. I cannot see the participants or what she is sharing. The other participants can see and hear me. When she stops sharing, my screen goes back to normal.But when...
  6. Computer screen goes black during zoom

Computer screen goes black during zoom: When I am a participant in a zoom meeting and the host shares her screen , my computer screen goes entirely black. I cannot see the participants or what she is sharing. The other participants can see and hear me. When she stops sharing, my screen goes back to normal.But when...
  7. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Screen Goes Black Constantly During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Goes Black Constantly During Gameplay: Hello, so it was Black Friday so I bought a Cyberpowerpc with a Ryzen X 570 graphics card. After setting everything up and installing the Epic Launcher and Fortnite I was finally able to sit back and play right. Well, at first the game opened normally but my PC was awefully...
  9. Screen goes from Black to normal several times during play of Videos and similarly goes...

Screen goes from Black to normal several times during play of Videos and similarly goes...: Whenever I play a video on my win 10 computer the screen goes in and out of play making it impossible to make out what is being shown. This happens also on skype where the window goes from normal to blackout on many occasions making it impossible to follow the conversation....
  10. Screen goes black during updates installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Screen goes black during updates installation: Here is the pic of the update - https://i.imgur.com/OZajxoY.png?1 About 5-10 seconds after clicking on the "install now" button, the screen goes black, and stays black until I have to restart the computer through the button on the cabinet. Any solution ? 43457