Windows 10: Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video

Discus and support Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I play a video, the screen either goes black or goes from the right side of the screen to the left in a loop and slowly climbs up first 2 pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenHello, Dec 6, 2023.

1. KenHello Win User

Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video

When I play a video, the screen either goes black or goes from the right side of the screen to the left in a loop and slowly climbs up first 2 pictures are after i started playing and 3rd is after a couple of minutes. And the screen becomes blurry 4th picture. I’ve already done an SFC scan and windows+ctrl+shift+bIf the combination is wrong, please don’t have your answer be just that I just typed it wrong i did itThis happens if I have two windows open for netflix, but mostly fine with one tab and one window.If possible, could your answer have more than one solution? I’ve seen countless a

:)

KenHello, Dec 6, 2023

2. Screen goes black while playing videos

Original Title: Screen goes black.

Whenever I'm watching a movie or streaming something online, my screen goes black and then says the computer ran into a problem and has to restart. Its really annoying. It says something like video drn failure. Can someone help me?

JohnCandia, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video

PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video

1. Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  3. Screen goes black when playing a game on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black when playing a game on pc: Hi,I’ve recently build a pc for my little brother and I’m having some issues. Whenever he starts to try to play fortnite, the screen goes black and says “no video entry” and then “entering sleep mode”. The parts are the following :AMD Ryzen 5 4500XTX RADEON RX 580 GTS XXX...
  4. Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black or explanation below when i play video: When I play a video, the screen either goes black or goes from the right side of the screen to the left in a loop and slowly climbs up first 2 pictures are after i started playing and 3rd is after a couple of minutes. And the screen becomes blurry 4th picture. I’ve already...
  5. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  6. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  7. Please help :((( (explanation below)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help :((( (explanation below): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/missshawnie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktgbr5/please_help_explanation_below/
  8. Screen goes black when playing Videos, but the image comes back when the cursor fades away

Screen goes black when playing Videos, but the image comes back when the cursor fades away: Its starting to get annoying, the issue is what the title says, i've tried everything, the drivers, hardware acceleration (although i dont have the option in the first place) and i can't find anything, im tired and i dont know what to do. NOTE: I've reinstaled Windows on my...
  9. Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.

Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.: I changed that option about screen turning off after several minutes to never still same problem. submitted by /u/enido777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g61ipd/screen_goes_black_when_im_watching_videos_movies/
  10. Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black after playing online videos in full screen: I have a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 with Windows 10. My laptop has started going black a couple of seconds after putting an online video full screen on Google Chrome. My screen brightness is on the lowest setting and the keyboard is unlit. Every time it takes me to the...