Windows 10: screen goes black when I scroll with two fingers

Discus and support screen goes black when I scroll with two fingers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I saw the response from 2017 on this but updating my drivers did not fix it and it seems outrageous to need to restore my computer to factory resets to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by STRGSTRG, Nov 29, 2018.

1. STRGSTRG Win User

screen goes black when I scroll with two fingers

I saw the response from 2017 on this but updating my drivers did not fix it and it seems outrageous to need to restore my computer to factory resets to fix something caused by a windows update. what are the other options to address this windows problem?

:)

STRGSTRG, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Dasha.y Win User

Laptop screen goes black when I scroll (with touch pad)

When I scroll on my laptop my screen goes black. By scroll, I mean me using to fingers to go up and down on pages, and etc. Anyway I can fix this?

Dasha.y, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Screen goes black when scrolling with touchpad (two fingers)

Hi Guys,

Since my last windows update I've noticed the screen 'sleeps' and goes black if I scroll on any website/browser/app. I can reactivate the screen by moving the mouse/touchpad again. It seems to be a known issue from what I have seen in posts for various windows
    10 users though none of the solutions have worked for me. Can you please suggest how I fix this?

Thanks,

Frank

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off.

Frank Kinsey, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. screen goes black when I scroll with two fingers - Similar Threads - screen goes black

2. Two Finger Scroll Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Finger Scroll Not Working: I am using a Toshiba Tecra A11 running windows 10 pro. When I try and use the two-finger scroll it doesn't work and when I try and troubleshoot it I don't receive the same settings as what I see on the online forums explaining it. I don't have an option to enable finger...
  3. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  4. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  5. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. No two finger scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    No two finger scroll: After installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after getting it back from a computer repairman, I do not have the options or the choice to select two finger scroll. Why do I not have the option to use two finger scroll? My laptop doesn't have the original factory motherboard...
  7. two finger scroll

two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  8. Two Finger Scrolling.

Two Finger Scrolling.: Two finger scrolling option didn't show in my windows10. Please help me. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-finger-scrolling/1890bdac-a9a6-4680-925f-4d059f0aaaa0
  9. Two finger scrolling not working

Two finger scrolling not working: Two finger scrolling worked just fine but then I noticed it stopped suddenly. I saw the touch pad settings and it says 2 fingers to scroll but I do that and it wont scroll. I have a brand new hp spectre x360 13. I'm not sure if me scrolling with my finger messed it up....
  10. Two finger scrolling

Two finger scrolling: Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/two-finger-scrolling/acee641a-42b3-4e8d-99c4-5d2a3ae91cd0