Windows 10: Screen goes black when idle for a minute

Discus and support Screen goes black when idle for a minute in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by peren darksbane, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off.

:)

peren darksbane, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Keiem Win User
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

Hello,
    Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop.
    When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I can also see the internet connecting again.
    All my screensavers/shutdowns are set on 10 minutes or more.

What can cause this?

Keiem, Jun 30, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Screen goes black when idle for a minute

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Screen goes black when idle for a minute

1. Screen goes black when idle for a minute - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  3. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  4. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  5. Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen invariably goes black after 1 minute of inactivity: I use Windows 10 Home. After system update Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 I find that desktop screen goes black after 1 min of inactivity, no matter what I specify in settings: 10 min, 30 min or 'never'....
  6. Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle: Hi. I have an issue where my laptop would randomly freeze and / or the screen will go black and the entire system would be unresponsive. This happens randomly and I can't find what causes it. The system would freeze when I'm watching YouTube, or gaming or when I leave the...
  7. sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sometimes my pc will go to black screen when idle for a couple minutes on the login screen: this has happened a couple times haven't changed anything settings wise and it is a very rare occurrence, still quite annoying. Even rarer than that, once in a blue moon, my pc wont even boot to windows and even if i just restart my pc it wont work. i have to take my graphics...
  8. Screen goes black at random times. Sometimes when idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes black at random times. Sometimes when idle.: PC works for a while after screen goes black and then it reboots on its own. I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn't work (used that software that completely wipes them first). I suspect the GPU or PSU might be the culpit here. PSU is 730W Thermaltake Smart SE...
  9. Display Goes Black After 20 Idle Minutes Must Reboot To Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Goes Black After 20 Idle Minutes Must Reboot To Restore: The topic says it all. When I leave my Win 10 Lenovo E570 laptop idle for about 20 minutes the screen goes black with no cursor. The power button stays lit continuously indicating that the computer is not in Sleep Mode. My problem is that I cannot find a key to restore the...
  10. Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.: Hello, Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop. When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I...