Windows 10: Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse on Windows 10

Discus and support Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you are seeing a black screen while scrolling with the mouse in Edge, Chrome, Office, File Explorer, or anywhere else in Windows 10, look no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 29, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse on Windows 10

If you are seeing a black screen while scrolling with the mouse in Edge, Chrome, Office, File Explorer, or anywhere else in Windows 10, look no further. This article shares various tips to get rid of the black screen while scrolling with mouse issues in Windows 10.

There have been multiple black screen issues in Windows 10 previously. Some users have experienced a black screen flashing while scrolling with the mouse up or down in Windows 10. This can be caused due to distinct reasons like an issue with the display card, a broken mouse, a virus present on your PC, and more. Now, how can you fix this issue? There are several methods that you can try to fix the screen that goes black when scrolling with a mouse problem.

Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse on Windows 10 Screen-Goes-Black-while-Scrolling-with-Mouse-in-Windows-10-1.png

Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse

Here are the fixes that you can try if your screen goes black while scrolling with the mouse:

1. Update Display and Mouse Drivers
    2. Make sure the mouse is not broken and is connected properly
    3. Unplug Second Monitor
    4. Perform System Restore
    5. Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State.

Let’s discuss these solutions in elaboration!

1] Update Display and Mouse Drivers

Outdated display drivers can cause a black screen while scrolling with the mouse. Hence, keep your display drivers up to date.

Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse on Windows 10 mouse-driver-device-manager.jpg

You may also uninstall your Mouse driver, go to the manufacturer’s site and download the latest driver for your mouse and install it.

Restart your PC after updating Display and Mice and Other Pointing Devices drivers and check if the black screen still appears while scrolling with the mouse or not.

It is recommended to update all your drivers which are outdated for the smooth working of your PC.

Read: Black Screen on boot before signing in.

2] Make sure the mouse is not broken and is connected properly

If you are experiencing a black screen only while using your mouse, you should check that your mouse is not broken, especially the scrolling button. In case you are using the same mouse for quite a long period of time, you should consider changing it and getting a new one.

Also, see if the mouse is properly connected to your PC. Disconnect and then reconnect your mouse to a different USB port and see if the issue is gone.

Read: Black box on Windows 10 Desktop.

3] Unplug Second Monitor

Multi-monitor setup can also cause a black screen while scrolling with the mouse in Windows 10. So, if you are using dual monitors, disconnect the second monitor and see if the black screen while scrolling with the mouse still appears. Multiple users reportedly fixed black screen issues by unplugging their second monitor.

Read: Black Screen when installing new programs.

4] Perform System Restore

If the above methods don’t fix the issue, you can consider performing a system restore. You can roll back your computer to the state where you didn’t face the problem. Restore Windows by performing system restore and see if the problem still persists.

Read: Windows 10 Black Screen with cursor.

5] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State

A clean boot helps in discovering and fixing issues with applications and services. It is performed to start Windows with only essential drivers and startup programs. Running a clean boot can also resolve the mouse problem. So, perform a clean boot and check if you can scroll with the mouse without experiencing a black screen.

Do comment and let us know which solution worked for you.

Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse on Windows 10 Screen-Goes-Black-while-Scrolling-with-Mouse-in-Windows-10-1.png
    This article Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 29, 2021
  2. LisaMi99 Win User

Screen goes black when i scroll with mouse pad

So my screen goes instantly black when i scroll with the mouse pad. It goes black wherever i scroll, it does not matter if its settings or chrome, it just goes instantly black. To get it back to normal I just have to move the mouse. So now im forced to use
    the scroll on the side, thankfully, it does not turn black with that. If I use a mouse instead and scroll with that, then the screen does not go black. I've tried to start the computer over and reboot it but it wont go away.

Also this started to happen a couple days ago when in school we were testing out Abitti, which is a program used for some important tests in Finland, and to get it to work you have to reboot the computer. The abitti program is on a USB too. Could this
    be the reason why its turning black? Or is it simply my computer having some troubles?

LisaMi99, May 29, 2021
  3. Screen goes black when scrolling with touchpad (two fingers)

Hi Guys,

Since my last windows update I've noticed the screen 'sleeps' and goes black if I scroll on any website/browser/app. I can reactivate the screen by moving the mouse/touchpad again. It seems to be a known issue from what I have seen in posts for various windows
    10 users though none of the solutions have worked for me. Can you please suggest how I fix this?

Thanks,

Frank

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off.

Frank Kinsey, May 29, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen goes black when Scrolling with Mouse on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. My desktop screen goes black when I use the mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop screen goes black when I use the mouse: On my desktop, when I use the mouse to select things, that part of the screen goes black.I went to Storage -> Temporary files in the settings and cleared everything. It started after that.I already restarted the computer and checked for updates....
  3. My desktop screen goes black when I use the mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop screen goes black when I use the mouse: On my desktop, when I use the mouse to select things, that part of the screen goes black.I went to Storage -> Temporary files in the settings and cleared everything. It started after that.I already restarted the computer and checked for updates....
  4. Windows goes to a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows goes to a black screen: Hi,Last year my brothers computer started to randomly go to black screen sometimes right away that he couldn't even see the bios prompt and other times an hour or so of use, I'm assuming it lost signal and as I thought it was the GPU and he was thinking of upgrading anyway so...
  5. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  6. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  7. Microsoft Edge screen goes black when scrolling

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge screen goes black when scrolling: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is one of the best web browsers ever developed by the company. A lot of people have switched to Microsoft Edge as their primary web browser today. The application comes with security enhancements that assure users of a safe browsing experience. In...
  8. Windows 10 screen goes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 screen goes black: Hi everyone! I am rating bere for an issue that started yesterday. The screen of my HP Notebook 15 computer with Windows 10 goes black for less than a second and then it returns normal. It happens on random intervals and strangely only when I am digitizing with keyboard....
  9. mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa: I am using Logitech woreless M150 mouse, so whenever i scroll down or up it goes, little in other direction. I tried different wheel number of line, enable one screen at a time , hide pointer while typing , switching batteries but nothing works, cleaning dust evrything i...
  10. screen goes black when I scroll with two fingers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes black when I scroll with two fingers: I saw the response from 2017 on this but updating my drivers did not fix it and it seems outrageous to need to restore my computer to factory resets to fix something caused by a windows update. what are the other options to address this windows problem?...