Windows 10: Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen

Discus and support Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There is a problem, when I watch long videos on youtube 15+ minutes the screen goes black automatically. It is fullscreen, I use Chrome, it should not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by whosthefunky, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen

There is a problem, when I watch long videos on youtube 15+ minutes the screen goes black automatically. It is fullscreen, I use Chrome, it should not go into sleep mode but it does.

I don`t want to turn off the sleep mode because it is useful because I can leave my PC suddenly for few hours, and switching between profiles everytime before watching video is annoying. Seems like Windows doesn`t get the media playback task from browser (and Chrome obviously supports that on Youtube)

:)

whosthefunky, Feb 2, 2019

2. Taskbar appears while watching YouTube fullscreen

When I am watching a YouTube video fullscreen, every 5 or so minutes the task bar will show up on the bottom of the screen without any input on my end. If I move the mouse slightly the task bar goes away, but will come back after a few minutes. I do not
    use auto-hide the task bar. Is there a way to fix this? It is really irritating.

SmoglessPrune, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Screen flashes black when viewing a YouTube video

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your screen concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the flashing black screen issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If you're using a laptop, does your screen flashes black when using the built-in monitor? If you're using a desktop, do you experience the issue when using other monitors?
    • Does the issue only occur when you play YouTube videos?
    • Are you experiencing the flashing black screen issue while watching YouTube videos in full screen mode or while in window mode?
    • Do you experience the same concern when playing YouTube videos using other web browsers?

The issue may be occurring because of an incompatible application or the display driver is outdated. While we wait for the answers to our questions, kindly follow the steps found in this
    link. The article will provide you the steps that can usually resolve screen flickering issue in Windows

We await for your response.

Argel Obm, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen

Screen goes black when fullscreen

Hi! After the latest windows update, when I play a video on some sites (for example, Netflix and Viaplay, but not Youtube) the screen goes black. The audio continues, and when I move the mouse it goes back to normal for a while and then goes black again.
    Why is this happening, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Littl3Sparrow, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen

1. Screen goes black when watching Youtube video Fullscreen - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen: Hi, I have the issue with a 2018 Acer Swift 3, when i am watching videos on youtube in full screen, it randomly shuts down or hibernates. I've checked event viewer and found this error corresponding to each time it shuts down. More often than not, it happens when the laptop...
  3. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen: Hi, I have the issue with a 2018 Acer Swift 3, when i am watching videos on youtube in full screen, it randomly shuts down or hibernates. I've checked event viewer and found this error corresponding to each time it shuts down. More often than not, it happens when the laptop...
  4. Laptop shuts down when watching youtube in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen/Green Pixely Screen when watching a video in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen/Green Pixely Screen when watching a video in fullscreen: This just started today and I've spent hours trying to fix it. I have been to multiple websites, YouTube videos, etc trying to fix this issue. I have tested this on Chrome and Edge, both have the same problem. When the video isn't in full-screen there is no problem watching...
  6. Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen goes black when im watching videos, movies.: I changed that option about screen turning off after several minutes to never still same problem. submitted by /u/enido777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g61ipd/screen_goes_black_when_im_watching_videos_movies/
  7. Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Watching YouTube videos fullscreen, Taskbar won't hide.: Good Day. I recently updated my Windows 10 with the version 1903. Afterwards, I started experiencing this annoying Taskbar not hiding when I'm watching YouTube videos on full screen. I found a solution online wherein you have to got to Task Manager and restart the Windows...
  8. The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The screen goes dark when I watch YouTube: I have to hover over the screen and always touch it because the screen often goes dark. It happens when I am watching YouTube or Prime, I really need to sit and touch it again and again....
  9. My screen goes black when I try and watch a youtube video. Can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen goes black when I try and watch a youtube video. Can anyone help?: Recently I got a new computer and have had a few problems. Anyway to cut a long story short. It's 8gb I use the Chrome Browser and it runs Windows 10 Pro....
  10. BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen: For like an half a year I have been getting blue screens, sometimes randomly when watching Youtube videoAttachment 113450s, sometimes exiting fullscreen and immediately doing something else, like going into another tab etc. I have tried to fix it by searching for the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watching youtube video and video screen goes blank

2. youtube goes blank on fullscreen

3. Video in Full Screen goes blank after a couple seconds

4. Videos go blank in full screen on Windows 10,
  5. screen goes black when youtube goes to fullscreen windows 10,
  6. monitor flashes black full screen youtube,
  7. full screem youtube goes blank,
  8. youtube goes blank in full screen mode,
  9. windows 10 screen goes black on fullscreen,
  10. windows 10 freezes fullscreen youtube video,
  11. windows 10 screen goes blank when watch video full screen,