Windows 10: screen goes black while installing or enabling intel hd graphics 630

Discus and support screen goes black while installing or enabling intel hd graphics 630 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i try to install the intel graphics driver 630, the screen goes black, and never comes handy again. I try to dorce shut down and restart, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FarhanIshraq, Aug 12, 2020.

1. screen goes black while installing or enabling intel hd graphics 630

Whenever i try to install the intel graphics driver 630, the screen goes black, and never comes handy again. I try to dorce shut down and restart, but it goes black again at the login page. So I had to use the safe mode and disable or uninstall the intel hd graphics 630 and rely on default Microsoft basic display graphics driver or the nvidia one.

I've tried reinstalling windows 10 from installation media, but the result is the same. The drivers I've downloaded from are of manufacturer's website, I've also tried installing the generic drivers from intel website too, but again results are the same.

Sometimes, while installing a intel driver, the BSOD appears saying VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE, & what failed is, "igdkmd64.sys" but when I again run the system into safe mode, it shows driver is updated or installed to the version I was trying to install. That means, the driver installation might be completed successfully! But results are never get changed. Always black screen is there untill I disable or uninstall the intel driver.

My laptop: ASUS FX553VD

CORE i5, 7th gen

Windows 10 pro v2004

Intel HD Graphics 630, Nvidia GTX 1050

:)

FarhanIshraq, Aug 12, 2020

2. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated.

All other drivers are installed and updated.

Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the keyboard is still lit.

Whenever i restarted the laptop, after the windows loading screen, the screen goes back to black. The solution is to enter safe mode and uninstall the HD Graphics 630 driver, therefore
    using the Microsoft Basic Video Adapter.

However, with this basic driver, the laptop performance drops in applications that require graphics processing, making it impractical to use in such situations.

I tried these possible solutions:

• I tried to install several versions of the driver, which were available on the dell website itself or on the intel website, and all of them had a black screen during the installation.
    • I disabled Windows Update because it was Installing the driver automatically and the screen was turning black after a few minutes, so it doesn't work too.
    • I have also completely uninstalled the nvidia and intel drivers using DDU and tried to install hd graphics 630 drivers, but the black screen still persists.
    • Tried to update using the device manager. Same thing, screen still turns black.
    • I also tried to use an external monitor to see if there was video, the issue persists.
    • I already contacted dell and intell support, noboby seems to have a solution.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567
    Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    Bios version 1.10.0
    Intel HD Graphics 630
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ

ThiagoBarbosa9, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to detect Intel Graphics 630 drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are not getting detected on your computer.

As you have mentioned that you get an error no compatible device found when trying to update driver, I would suggest you to check if there is any hidden device for Intel HD Graphics 630 in the Device Manager. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit
      Enter.
    3. Click on View and click on
      Show hidden devices
    4. Go to Display adapters and expand it.
    5. Now, check if Intel HD Graphics driver is listed as
      greyed out device.
    6. If you see the Intel HD Graphics driver, right click on the driver and select Update Driver.
    7. Restart the PC.

I would also suggest you to check in BIOS if the option for Integrated Graphics is disabled. If the option is disabled, I would suggest you to enable and check.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 12, 2020
  4. screen goes black while installing or enabling intel hd graphics 630

Black Screen after restarting computer (after installing intel HD 3000 graphics using teamviewer)

Hi Evan,

I realize that you get a black screen after restarting computer. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the PC?

• Does the issue reoccur if you remove the Intel HD 3000 graphics card?

Suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

screen goes black while installing or enabling intel hd graphics 630

1. screen goes black while installing or enabling intel hd graphics 630 - Similar Threads - screen goes black

2. Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520: The problem occurs on Edge and Netflix for Windows 10. Playing the video with 940M and on Firefox is just fine. Device name Nirvana-C500 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz Installed RAM 6.00 GB usable: 5.88 GB Device ID 7DC47CF6-E4A3-4356-AAC2-5B7BAA5C2453...
  3. Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen while playing video on Intel HD Graphics 520: The problem occurs on Edge and Netflix for Windows 10. Playing the video with 940M and on Firefox is just fine. Device name Nirvana-C500 Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz Installed RAM 6.00 GB usable: 5.88 GB Device ID 7DC47CF6-E4A3-4356-AAC2-5B7BAA5C2453...
  4. Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation: Upon installing Intel HD graphics driver 630any version, the display turns black during mid-installation. On black screen I had to force shutdown my laptop and upon restarting the screen stuck at acer logo screen post bios and remains there like forever.The only solution is...
  5. Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation: Upon installing Intel HD graphics driver 630any version, the display turns black during mid-installation. On black screen I had to force shutdown my laptop and upon restarting the screen stuck at acer logo screen post bios and remains there like forever.The only solution is...
  6. Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver: The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated. All other drivers are installed and updated. Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the...
  8. Updated intel hd graphics 630 but Resolution problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated intel hd graphics 630 but Resolution problem: I updated intel hd graphics 630 because windows said it was anew version. But after I restarted my laptop which native resolution is 1980 x 1080 was stuck at 1366 x 768. under that it was lines and a single line in the middle. i went to the display setting and the resolution...
  9. Black Screen intel hd 300 graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black Screen intel hd 300 graphics: Medion Akoya i3 laptop with Intel hd 300hd graphics. Four installs later after encountering a black screen from 30% install, I found that windows 10 is fully installing but display only outputting to hdmi port. I have no bios setting to change this and if i delete my intel...
  10. Could Not Manually Install Intel Display Intel HD Graphics 630?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Could Not Manually Install Intel Display Intel HD Graphics 630?: Could Not Manually Install (Error Message) Intel Display Driver (Go to Lenovo?) Intel HD Graphics 630 So I went to Intel's website to look for the latest display driver for Thinkpad p51 Intel Graphics 630 and landed here:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel hd 630 black screen issue