Windows 10: Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc

Discus and support Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This started happening about a week ago, and it occurs almost once a day. The screen suddenly goes black for a second or so, then the pc restarts, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by llanita, Dec 12, 2017.

1. llanita Win User

Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc

This started happening about a week ago, and it occurs almost once a day. The screen suddenly goes black for a second or so, then the pc restarts, it goes through the welcome screen etc.

I get no warning at all. Its not because overheating, because sometimes it happens after I've only been logged on for 30 mins and there's no heat coming from the tower. Sometimes it happens hours after I'm on.

The pc is about 3 years old. It's AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7, 10 Compute cores 4C+6G 3.40 GHz

:)

llanita, Dec 12, 2017
  2. John Ado Win User

Black screen then pc restarts

Got it. In case the issue persists, try the steps mentioned in the article above.

Keep us on the loop.

John Ado, Dec 12, 2017
  3. John Ado Win User
    Black screen then pc restarts

Hi,

There could have been some system files that got corrupted during the installation of the update. Let's try running these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Command Prompt then run it as administrator.

• Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.

• Once it's done, type sfc /scannow and
      press Enter.

• Restart your computer.

If the issue persists, follow the steps outlined in this
    article
    to isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

John Ado, Dec 12, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Here's an old but still useful SuperUser post on this topic that you should definitely check out: How to diagnose a spontaneous reboot? - Super User. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this kind of problem almost always results from failing hardware components, most typically the power supply (PSU) or motherboard capacitors.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Screen goes black with no warning, then restarts the pc - Similar Threads - Screen goes black

2. pc freezes while playing games, goes to black screen then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes while playing games, goes to black screen then restarts: This has started happening today and so far has happened twice. A few minutes after opening my PC for the first time on this day, my screen froze and made a buzzing sound. Background noise from my call was able to be heard and I could speak as well. A few seconds after, my PC...
  3. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  4. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.: I reinstalled windows yesterday and started to notice this kind of issue.When I'm gaming, my pc would freeze for a second or two, then goes in to black screen when all the LEDs in the cases were still on, and then restart. This happened multiple times within a day. I zipped...
  5. PC freezes, goes into black screen, then restart while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Black screen comes but goes after restart.

Black screen comes but goes after restart.: Hi, Recently I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security. Then I was deleting it from registry, I deleted a file most probably named Microsoft over there. Then an error message came and everything went dark. I restored registry and clicked restart of the computer. Then The...
  7. PC goes to blue screen then restarts

PC goes to blue screen then restarts: Hello. My PC keeps going to a blue screen than restarts. I have seen a few different "Stop Codes" one of them being "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" then I see a QR code on the blue screen. My pc then restarts and as if nothing happens. It does this a few times. I tried resetting the...
  8. PC does not restart, goes to black screen and forced to shut PC off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC does not restart, goes to black screen and forced to shut PC off: I've been struggling with this for weeks, I have my power set to high-performance, and fast boot is turned off. Every time I try to restart. it hangs on a black screen like it's sleeping and the monitor turns off, I am then forced to turn off the PC and turn it back on...
  9. updates restart goes to SSD screen warning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates restart goes to SSD screen warning: The past 2 months updates means that on restarting, the SSD manufacturer screen comes up with warning of imminent failure. SSD is 2 years old with W10 Pro 64 bit put on as a completely new computer PC. If I press the on/off button everything reverts to normal windows on...
  10. pc turns in and goes to a black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc turns in and goes to a black screen: Did reset and it never finished now it just goes to a black screen 88228