Windows 10: Screen goes blank, followed by disk activity.

Discus and support Screen goes blank, followed by disk activity. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something odd is happening with my system, and I'm trying to determine if it's a software or hardware issue. It seems that every so often, at random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dennis Eldridge AlphaStem, May 2, 2020.

1. Screen goes blank, followed by disk activity.

Something odd is happening with my system, and I'm trying to determine if it's a software or hardware issue.

It seems that every so often, at random as far as I can tell, my screens will go blank, and I'll see a lot of disk activity. It will churn away like this for quite a while; I'm not unsure if it will eventually close down or revive itself, as I haven't waited, I've simply shut it off and restarted.

The logs show nothing unusual, except for multiple 0xC0000188. Unfortunately, I've found nothing useful by searching on that term.

Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Dennis Eldridge

:)

Dennis Eldridge AlphaStem, May 2, 2020
  2. kodex Win User

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, May 2, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Screen goes blank??Nothing Appears..

try with a game, or activity that normally causes the blank screen.

make sure you tick the box to update while GPU-Z is in the background

Mussels, May 2, 2020
  4. Paul Win User

Screen goes blank, followed by disk activity.

PC screen goes blank when attempting to enter UEFI/BIOS

I am following the steps below to get into BIOS, but when I click restart at the end, my pc restarts, but never enters BIOS. It shows the pc make (Asus) and then goes to a blank screen.

I try hitting f2 or delete in this blank screen after a while, bit this resolves nothing.

Is there something else I should be doing or something I should do once the screen is blank?

Navigate to settings. ...

Select Update & security.

Select Recovery from the left menu.

Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. ...

Click Troubleshoot.

Click Advanced options.

Select UEFI Firmware Settings.

Click Restart.

Paul, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Screen goes blank, followed by disk activity.

1. Screen goes blank, followed by disk activity. - Similar Threads - Screen goes blank

2. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  3. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  4. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank: After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors...
  6. Screen goes blank

Screen goes blank: Screen closes down about every 1 minute after inactivity and I have to log in again with password. Very frustrating. have tried various answers but to no avail. Please give simple step by step guide of how to overcome this....
  7. Bottom the screen goes blank

Bottom the screen goes blank: Whenever I scroll up from the bottom of the page such as when I am using Ebay, Amazon or Craigslist the lower 1/3 of my screen is blank and covers up the page. I can scroll down and it goes away. It's as if the touchcreen keyboard pops up but it is completely blank and...
  8. Activation Screen Blank.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation Screen Blank.: As per other thread, there is nothing missing and everything correct as far as this average joe can tell. I have tried to open my paid for Microsoft office and I am getting this error code: 0xc0000022 and then has a help box that takes me to this link......
  9. Activation screen blank

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation screen blank: When I purchased it new it came with windows 8 and a couple of months later there was a free upgrade offer to windows 10. last week I did a factory reset. now I get a notification 2 to 3 times a day that has a light blue screen saying that windows is not activated, go to...
  10. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...