Windows 10: screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?

Discus and support screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My screen goes blank when the computer is idle for a while. How do I turn this off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CarlRaskin, Feb 21, 2022.

1. screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?

My screen goes blank when the computer is idle for a while. How do I turn this off?

:)

CarlRaskin, Feb 21, 2022
  2. kodex Win User

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Feb 21, 2022
  3. Laptop goes into blank screen due to idle and resetting laptop

When i leave my laptop on idle it turns into a blank sceen.i am resetting my laptop now and i cant possibly be there for the whole 2 hours. does the blank screen affect the progress?

SerialPlayz, Feb 21, 2022
  4. screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?

Screen goes blank

Hi Leroy, I hope this message finds you well. My name is Steven and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest that you refer to the article Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors where you can go through some troubleshooting steps and check your hardware and software

https://support.microsoft.com/help/14106/window...

____

Steven

Steve Merik, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?

1. screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off? - Similar Threads - screen goes blank

2. How do I turn off automatic window hiding when my computer is idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off automatic window hiding when my computer is idle?: When I stop doing anything on my computer, all visible windows disappear and only my desktop wallpaper remains on the screen. As soon as I move the mouse, all the windows instantly return and the situation is restored. How can I turn this feature off? All power saving...
  3. How do I turn off automatic window hiding when my computer is idle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off automatic window hiding when my computer is idle?: When I stop doing anything on my computer, all visible windows disappear and only my desktop wallpaper remains on the screen. As soon as I move the mouse, all the windows instantly return and the situation is restored. How can I turn this feature off? All power saving...
  4. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  5. Screen never turns off when idle

Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  6. Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle

Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle: Hi allI have a surface laptop studio and for reasons that I will not bore you with, I just had to re-install the entire machine. The reinstall is complete but the one thing that I have noticed is that despite me setting the power settings the way I like it,, the system will...
  7. screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?: My screen goes blank when the computer is idle for a while. How do I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-blank-when-computer-is-idle-how-do-i/2e3c1fb8-4472-4265-b6a8-d06376cc96c5
  8. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  9. Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time: Greetings, and thank you for reading this thread. As the title states, my computer will turn off the display or go to sleep (not sure of correct terminology) when I go idle for a short period of time. For instance, I get up to get a glass of water and when I come back,...
  10. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen never turns off when idle: I've just upgraded my win 7 installation to win 10. The power and sleep setting was carried over, turn off screen after 5 minutes, but the monitors stay on forever. I checked the network adapters in the device manager (BT personal area network, BT RFCOMM, Realtek PCIe GBE...