Windows 10: Screen goes blank

Discus and support Screen goes blank in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leroy Given, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Screen goes blank

After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors

:)

Leroy Given, Jun 15, 2020
  2. kodex Win User

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Screen goes blank

FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Screen goes blank

1. Screen goes blank - Similar Threads - Screen goes blank

2. Lumia 950 screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lumia 950 screen goes blank: Lumia 950 running Windows 10 mobile.It has started playing up weirdly. If I make or receive a call and put the phone to my ear the screen goes blank. And stays blank. Rather unfortunate given all the IVRs we have to deal with. "Press 1 to continue press 2 to be ignored". The...
  3. Lumia 950 screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lumia 950 screen goes blank: Lumia 950 running Windows 10 mobile.It has started playing up weirdly. If I make or receive a call and put the phone to my ear the screen goes blank. And stays blank. Rather unfortunate given all the IVRs we have to deal with. "Press 1 to continue press 2 to be ignored". The...
  4. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  5. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  6. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Login screen goes blank if not responded to

Login screen goes blank if not responded to: All drivers and apps and OS are up to date, but if I bootup and just let it stay at the login screen, it goes blank in a few minutes; any keypress or mouse activity restores the screen, but I do not want a blank screen, I want the login image to keep displaying so that I know...
  8. Screen goes blank

Screen goes blank: Screen closes down about every 1 minute after inactivity and I have to log in again with password. Very frustrating. have tried various answers but to no avail. Please give simple step by step guide of how to overcome this....
  9. Bottom the screen goes blank

Bottom the screen goes blank: Whenever I scroll up from the bottom of the page such as when I am using Ebay, Amazon or Craigslist the lower 1/3 of my screen is blank and covers up the page. I can scroll down and it goes away. It's as if the touchcreen keyboard pops up but it is completely blank and...
  10. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...