Windows 10: Screen goes idle on inactivity and cant turn it back on

Discus and support Screen goes idle on inactivity and cant turn it back on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, i have been facing this issue from past few days and this has been very frustrating. Whenever I leave my PC idle, usually it goes to sleep. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YashasHS, Sep 17, 2020.

1. YashasHS Win User

Screen goes idle on inactivity and cant turn it back on

So, i have been facing this issue from past few days and this has been very frustrating.

Whenever I leave my PC idle, usually it goes to sleep. But from past few days, when laptop goes idle i am not able to wake it up. I have to force restart every time.

It would be great if someone helps me with this.

Thanks in advance

:)

YashasHS, Sep 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 (sometimes) goes to sleep after only 2 minutes of inactivity

Hello Mark,

Your screensaver might be one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep every time the computer is inactive. It is possible that the idle time is set every 2 minutes. Having said that, you can try adjusting the waiting time by following the
    steps below and see if it makes any difference:

• Go to Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on Screen Saver at the bottom right.
    • Adjust the waiting time and hit Apply.

If the issue persists, we recommend trying the suggestions posted by Aleksandr 10 in this
    thread. Most of the Community users found his suggestions
    helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Why Won't Screen Turn Off When Idle

I just bought a new and very expensive Dell I 5500 series laptop. And as with all new items, we go through growing pains. One of them being that I had, like I always do with any new pc I buy, set up what the lid does, what the button does, etc. That other
    item I set to save on the LED back lighting is for the display is to turn off after 10 minutes of idle time when on AC and for the pc to turn off completely after 5 minutes of idle time when on battery. Well, when this new Dell was idling for 10 minutes, the
    screen would dim, then go full bright again. After reading all of your posts and remedies, not one of them helped. What I had stumbled on, completely on a fluke, and grasping at straws at wit's end being about to give up on this, is I had right clicked the
    desktop screen and left clicked personalize at the bottom of the drop-down menu list, then it goes to settings page, and in the middle of the listing to the left of the page is LOCK SCREEN. My lock screen setting was set to slideshow though there was only
    one picture. It may, or may not, tell you that you cannot have a slide show with one picture. I had therefore set it from slideshow to picture mode, and that apparently solved my problem. The back light now goes out after 10 minutes of idle time, just what
    I want it to do. Hope this advice helps.

John's Solution, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Screen goes idle on inactivity and cant turn it back on

Screen goes black when idle for a minute

I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember
    how to turn it off.

peren darksbane, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Screen goes idle on inactivity and cant turn it back on

1. Screen goes idle on inactivity and cant turn it back on - Similar Threads - Screen goes idle

2. turned off bitlocker & cant turn back on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turned off bitlocker & cant turn back on?: Windows program download recently relating to Bitlocker askin me to turn it off to run the program & can't turn Bitocker back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-bitlocker-cant-turn-back-on/f591a0cd-c764-415b-86bd-64c33bc31e7a
  3. turned off bitlocker & cant turn back on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turned off bitlocker & cant turn back on?: Windows program download recently relating to Bitlocker askin me to turn it off to run the program & can't turn Bitocker back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-bitlocker-cant-turn-back-on/f591a0cd-c764-415b-86bd-64c33bc31e7a
  4. Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity: I just recently developed this issue where if I leave my monitor on a still image for a few seconds, it goes into hibernation. Normally that takes a few minutes. I have checked my power setting and sleep timers, those are fine. I tried the same monitor with two other devices...
  5. Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity: I just recently developed this issue where if I leave my monitor on a still image for a few seconds, it goes into hibernation. Normally that takes a few minutes. I have checked my power setting and sleep timers, those are fine. I tried the same monitor with two other devices...
  6. Screen goes black after a few seconds of inactivity

7. screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?

screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?: My screen goes blank when the computer is idle for a while. How do I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-blank-when-computer-is-idle-how-do-i/2e3c1fb8-4472-4265-b6a8-d06376cc96c5
  8. turn off lock screen from inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off lock screen from inactivity: I have changed system unattended sleep timeout to 90 minutes and console lock display timeout to 90 min but sometimes by screen will timeout and go to lockscreen within say 5 min. I am using openshell to get rid of windows new interface....
  9. Displays Immediately Turn Back On After Idling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Displays Immediately Turn Back On After Idling: My PC will be sitting for 30 minutes I have it set to turn off displays after 30 minutes and once the displays turn off, they immediately come back on. I know something is registering me as active, as I have Discord and it gives me the idle status after being idle or "afk"...
  10. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....