Windows 10: Screen goes off on full screen mode!!

Discus and support Screen goes off on full screen mode!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP envy with Microsoft windows 10. When watching videos on netflix, google play, Hay U etc, when I press the full screen button,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by emilystephenson, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Screen goes off on full screen mode!!

Hello,

I have a HP envy with Microsoft windows 10.

When watching videos on netflix, google play, Hay U etc, when I press the full screen button, it starts to play then my display turns off and goes blank? You can still here the audio, and when I move my mousse around, or back on the screen, the display comes back on. But if I stop moving it so the bottom bar of the video can turn off, then my display turns off again??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

emilystephenson, Feb 15, 2019
  2. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 15, 2019
  4. kodex Win User

Screen goes off on full screen mode!!

Screen goes blank after changing BIOS settings/

I don't know how long this has been happening, a few weeks at least, but whenever I change a setting in my BIOS (and save & exit), my screen goes blank and my monitor goes into standby. Any suggestions to fix this?

kodex, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Screen goes off on full screen mode!!

1. Screen goes off on full screen mode!! - Similar Threads - Screen goes off

2. My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode.: My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode. Im using windows 11 with the latest update. I have tried updating all my drivers and all of them are up to date. my night light option is off, windows game bar is off, adaptive brightness is off. I tried...
  3. My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode.: My screen brightness automatically goes down a lot in full screen mode. Im using windows 11 with the latest update. I have tried updating all my drivers and all of them are up to date. my night light option is off, windows game bar is off, adaptive brightness is off. I tried...
  4. screen automatically goes full screen and flicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen automatically goes full screen and flicking: when using chrome or file explorer automatic my screen goes full screen and start flickering automatic going full screen and automatic coming to normal... i manually install display driver and does everything from google solution but nothing working......
  5. Full screen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full screen mode: When im playing fifa my windows randomly exits full screen mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-screen-mode/86d6b229-11ed-4bd3-b518-c92a0dc90bc2
  6. Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen goes off and on when pc goes off and on?: How do I set the screen to go on and off so I don't have to press 2 buttons every time? Bildschirm geht aus und an wenn pc aus und an geht?
  7. While in Full Screen, my screen goes black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While in Full Screen, my screen goes black.: LOOKING FOR (Andre for Directly) I am making a new thread bc it won't let me reply to you at all and it keeps saying "Oops! Something went wrong" and it's actually triggering me. And I looked at the motherboard, I can't see the mx - xxxx number and version of the...
  8. While in Full Screen, my screen goes Black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While in Full Screen, my screen goes Black.: Now, when I am in Minecraft, or any other game, and I'm just playing normally, my screen goes black for some reason. I do not know why and it's very frustrating. If someone can please help, that would be appreciated. I just want to get this fixed. :(...
  9. Toggle off the full screen mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toggle off the full screen mode: I need a feature to toggle off the full screen mode because games take up almost all my screen. I can’t find Advanced Graphics options anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toggle-off-the-full-screen-mode/7c6e7c44-656c-4e28-a5e0-b0a2d324df3d
  10. Can't turn off full screen in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't turn off full screen in tablet mode: I have "Use Start full screen" "Off" and it still goes to full screen in tablet mode with minimize, maximize icons missing and no sizing handles. 116684