Windows 10: Screen goes to sleep too often

Discus and support Screen goes to sleep too often in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mdberger, Jul 19, 2020.

1. mdberger Win User

Screen goes to sleep too often

On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are times of continuous no use.

However, even when I am in the middle of typing something, the screen sometimes shuts off. Sometimes this is only occasional, and sometimes every two or three minutes.

Thanks or your help.
    Mike.

:)

mdberger, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Windows goes to sleep too often.

Hi William,

Corrupted Power Option Settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer always goes to sleep. To resolve this, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided by Aleksandr 10 and
    JanElliott_1969 on this
    thread
    . Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Screen goes to sleep too often

laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min.

laptop goes to sleep mode too soon even though it is set to 30 min. It happens often to go to sleep within a minute. It's annoying.

AnthonyMaiorca, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Screen goes to sleep too often

1. Screen goes to sleep too often - Similar Threads - Screen goes sleep

2. Screen goes to sleep too often

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes to sleep too often: On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are times of continuous no use. However, even when I am in the middle of typing something, the screen sometimes shuts off....
  3. Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly: Hi, I have a Gateway desktop PC with Windows 10 installed. The computer goes to sleep even while I am working on it, including typing or scrolling with the mouse. Typically, if no input is being received if I am reading a document, for example, it will sleep after 2...
  4. wallpaper changing too often.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wallpaper changing too often.: submitted by /u/milanhin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5dwmt/wallpaper_changing_too_often/
  5. screen switches off too often

screen switches off too often: Hi, my screen is set to switch off if I don't hit any keys for what seems like 2 or 3 minutes. This is annoying as I am reading while I type and I keep having to log back onto the PC every time it happens. How do I stop this?...
  6. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  7. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...: Hello. I have bought the bluetooth keyboard and mouse and have been having some issues on my PC. The motherboard is MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi. It has both a wifi and a bluetooth module built in. I have tried this so far: Go to Device Manager -> Bluetooth -> Intel...
  8. Screen goes blurry often,

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes blurry often,: [img] im not sure what causes it but it happens on alot of windows and it'll flicker between clear and blurry its been doing it for awhile, i've tried reinstalling drivers, activating cleartype, and trying different scaleing options it doesnt help, anyone else got any...
  9. Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 goes to sleep too early - a possible solution: HP Probook 450 G2 Win10 Pro 64-bit My Win-10 laptop began going to sleep too early in 2017, and all the suggestions for setting the timeouts to "never" and such like made no difference at all. I did a lot of research and discovered this problem seems to be wide-spread. I...
  10. Screen goes black too fast

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black too fast: I have screen shut off and sleep mode set at 20 min and 30 min. But screen goes black after 2 min inactive and I must hit a key and enter password. Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere? 73770