Windows 10: Screen going black and losing all input functions.

Discus and support Screen going black and losing all input functions. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Not sure whats going on here so Ill start where my issue began. I recently installed the game Kingdom Come Deliverance which I received from the humble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Zod the Defiler, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Screen going black and losing all input functions.

Not sure whats going on here so Ill start where my issue began. I recently installed the game Kingdom Come Deliverance which I received from the humble monthly. I suspect something happened when I installed that game because I did not have this problem prior. At random times on apparently any activity I'm doing be it gaming, internet browsing or Netflix, my screen will suddenly go black and I lose all functions from input devices, keyboard, mouse, etc. I can not open task manager, I can not alt+tab, nothing. I'm certain that any commands from my keyboard aren't being recognized because I use the windows beep sound effect for caps lock and I get no sound effect when pressing the button, plus the indicator lights on the keyboard itself don't change. So I get a black screen total system lock up at random. On the most recent occurrence I was still able to hear the ambient environmental sound from the game I was playing. I have since uninstalled Kingdom Come but have still had the lock up. The only thing I am able to do is push the reset button on my tower after which Windows reboots with no problems. I am at a loss. I can not find any issue with any of the troubleshooters. The event viewer only shows "windows was not shut down properly". Ive made sure my GPU drivers and my BIOS package is good. Windows itself is current on updates. I have no malware, I'm not overheating or losing power. Any help or ideas of what to check would be greatly appreciated. I'm about ready to do a complete reinstall of Windows because its so very aggravating to suddenly have to restart my rig. I can post any diag files if needed just ask me what you want to see. Thank you for reading.

:)

Zod the Defiler, Aug 17, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 17, 2019
  3. Ender Win User
    Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Screen going black and losing all input functions.

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Screen going black and losing all input functions.

1. Screen going black and losing all input functions. - Similar Threads - Screen going black

2. Screen goes black and all input freezes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black and all input freezes Windows 11: Hello! I'm having a weird issue with my pc.Everything is up to date, all my drivers are updated, all my software is updated but this issue happens at random.This first started about a year ago, my screens went black and all input was frozen pressing caps lock on the keyboard...
  3. Screen goes black and all input freezes Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black and all input freezes Windows 11: Hello! I'm having a weird issue with my pc.Everything is up to date, all my drivers are updated, all my software is updated but this issue happens at random.This first started about a year ago, my screens went black and all input was frozen pressing caps lock on the keyboard...
  4. Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.: I recently purchased an M-audio M-track duo and have been using it to record audio for discord. While playing certain games my microphone will stop inputing to discord and I have to unplug and plug back in the audio interface which will fix the problem for around 5 minutes....
  5. Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Interface microphone losing input in certain games but not all.: I recently purchased an M-audio M-track duo and have been using it to record audio for discord. While playing certain games my microphone will stop inputing to discord and I have to unplug and plug back in the audio interface which will fix the problem for around 5 minutes....
  6. Fullscreen games go black screen on any physical inputs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen games go black screen on any physical inputs.: Hello all, I keep having a problem when I am playing my fullscreen games. When I load up a game and go into fullscreen it will go black. The game will appear if I do not make any input like moving the mouse, pressing keys, etc. But if I do any of these things while in a...
  7. Screen Keeps Going Black!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Keeps Going Black!: Whenever I get on my computer, the screen would go black then back to normal, this would repeat forever basically. I'm not sure how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-going-black/29843711-87ae-48cc-8963-d392e2dc6114
  8. Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intermittent black screen with no inputs accepted: Lately I have been getting intermittent black screens and rejected mouse/keyboard inputs with the system recovering after about 30 seconds UNLESS I am playing certain games - in which case the system remains unresponsive and requires rebooting. Although I am not sure, I...
  9. Four display inputs = black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Four display inputs = black screen: I have a GTX 1070 with four inputs, two HDMIs and two Displayports. Two of the inputs are my monitors running at 1920x1080p and 1920x1200p. One of the others is a 4k TV and I'm the last was my HTC Vive. For some reason recently my computer doesn't want to let me have four...
  10. Four display inputs = black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Four display inputs = black screen: I have a GTX 1070 with four inputs, two HDMIs and two Displayports. Two of the inputs are my monitors running at 1920x1080p and 1920x1200p. One of the others is a 4k TV and I'm the last was my HTC Vive. For some reason recently my computer doesn't want to let me have four...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc losing screen input