Windows 10: Screen going black during zoom screensharing

Discus and support Screen going black during zoom screensharing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I need HELP!! I bought a brand new Surface 3 Laptop 3 months ago. Since then, I have had trouble with screen sharing on zoom and my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aschwietzman, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Screen going black during zoom screensharing

Hey,

I need HELP!!

I bought a brand new Surface 3 Laptop 3 months ago. Since then, I have had trouble with screen sharing on zoom and my screen going black. 50% of the time that I share my screen, my screen will go black and I cannot see or do anything....however, the other people in the zoom meeting can still see my screen and what I'm sharing. The bigger problem with this too is that I have no way to drop my screen sharing on zoom because I can't see where I'm clicking to drop the screen so I'm just stuck with a black screen and have no way around it.

A lot of the fixes I see online say to do something with Nvidia in the control panel but I don't have Nvidia on my laptop so I'm not sure this applies to me?

Please let me know if you have any solutions!!

:)

aschwietzman, Oct 21, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen going black during zoom screensharing

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Screen going black during zoom screensharing

1. Screen going black during zoom screensharing - Similar Threads - Screen going black

2. my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings: hello, almost always during zoom meetings as a praticipant, though never tried as a host my screen goes black on the zoom app, and when i switch to any other tab the screen is very blurry. i cant see the zoom meeting and the screenshare because i cant be on the app screen....
  3. my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings: hello, almost always during zoom meetings as a praticipant, though never tried as a host my screen goes black on the zoom app, and when i switch to any other tab the screen is very blurry. i cant see the zoom meeting and the screenshare because i cant be on the app screen....
  4. my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen goes black during zoom: When I am a participant in a zoom meeting and the host shares her screen , my computer screen goes entirely black. I cannot see the participants or what she is sharing. The other participants can see and hear me. When she stops sharing, my screen goes back to normal.But when...
  6. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen goes black during zoom: When I am a participant in a zoom meeting and the host shares her screen , my computer screen goes entirely black. I cannot see the participants or what she is sharing. The other participants can see and hear me. When she stops sharing, my screen goes back to normal.But when...
  7. Computer screen goes black during zoom

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Page Down Button Not Working When Using Zoom Screenshare

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Page Down Button Not Working When Using Zoom Screenshare: Hi, has anyone else noticed their page down button does not work during Zoom calls? Curiously, page up continues to work for me. I am using Windows 10 just updated on a HP desktop using a Logitech K350 Wave cordless keyboard. I am not aware of any other issues with this...
  9. Fake Screensharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fake Screensharing: I need a way to have an website keep screensharing one particular application instead of whatever is on my screen at the moment. I have seen such a facility in zoom but the website just asks for permission to screen share and then does that so it can be seen if I switch to...
  10. zoom screen black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    zoom screen black: Hello, my video screen during zoom is very dark/poor quality. In all my searches it advises to solve the problem by going to "display adapters" and addressing the Nvidia Card. My computer does not have on, it has Intel R Graphics 520 as the only item in the dropdown. COuld...