Windows 10: Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

Discus and support Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I use the Windows button to go to another program, use Alt-Tab, and even the "Show Desktop" button, the screen goes black for around 3-5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheKakistocrat, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

When I use the Windows button to go to another program, use Alt-Tab, and even the "Show Desktop" button, the screen goes black for around 3-5 seconds.This is happening to games like Roblox, Rainbow 6 Siege, CS2, Valorant, and even the Steam app.Sometimes when switching from any normal program back into the game, the screen will actually show the game for a split second before going dark for a couple of seconds.For Roblox web player, the screen only goes black when I start and quit the Roblox player program. The screen does not go dark in fullscreen when switching in or out, but does in windowe

:)

TheKakistocrat, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Kieubasa Win User

Black screen when using ALT + TAB in games

I've just freshly installed Windows 10 on my PC, but for some reason when I play games and switch apps using ALT + TAB it shows a black screen for few seconds. Is there a fix for that?

My specs:

i5 3570k

GTX 1050 2gb

12gb ram

Kieubasa, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Srimadhwa B, Dec 7, 2023
  4. Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

black screen at sign in

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the update.

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you decide to reboot. Sometimes it sits there with a Black screen for a while.
    • Alternatively, at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on.
    • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
      middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step.
    • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe. Go to the Startup tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup programs. Save and
      restart.
    • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    Hope this works.

Anusha Verma, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

1. Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs - Similar Threads - Screen going black

2. Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs: When I use the Windows button to go to another program, use Alt-Tab, and even the "Show Desktop" button, the screen goes black for around 3-5 seconds.This is happening to games like Roblox, Rainbow 6 Siege, CS2, Valorant, and even the Steam app.Sometimes when switching from...
  3. My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.: The laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds. It happens for just a second though. It was just fine till yesterday and today it is doing this for no apparent reason. The windows are up to date and I don't know what to do about it now....
  4. My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.: The laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds. It happens for just a second though. It was just fine till yesterday and today it is doing this for no apparent reason. The windows are up to date and I don't know what to do about it now....
  5. My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Screen blacks Out For Half A Second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen blacks Out For Half A Second: I noticed that this started happening last week. My screen will black out for a micro second at random. Some times it happens so fast that I'm not even sure if it happened or not. This morning, it blinked while I was on You Tube and everything blacked out except for a You...
  7. Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games: I recently got a new laptop, and I am trying to play a game on it Minecraft, but whenever I go fullscreen, my screen goes black for a few seconds. This only happens on an external monitor. I keep my laptop screen closed and just use the second monitor, but if I change my...
  8. Screentext goes fuzzy and blacks out for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screentext goes fuzzy and blacks out for a few seconds: Hello, I bought a new Lenovo Ideapad S145 in July/Aug 2020. All good but lately text on my screen goes fuzzy and sometimes blacks out for a few seconds. What's wrong? Is my screen defective or can I fix this with a Windows driver update? Regards Rajesh...
  9. Picture blacks out for a few seconds, then returns.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Picture blacks out for a few seconds, then returns.: Picture blacks out for a few seconds, then returns. Not BDOF. Occurs irregularly on different App. Tried different monitor. No joy. Windows 10 2004. Did not happen on 1909 or earlier....
  10. How to stop few seconds of black screen when plugging in and out charger?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop few seconds of black screen when plugging in and out charger?: I am forced to update windows 10 to version 1903 and I am facing some black screen issue that happens for a few seconds when I charge or uncharge my laptop? How can i solve this?...