Windows 10: Screen going dark momentarily

Discus and support Screen going dark momentarily in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I'm using an LG 43 inch 4K smart tv for a monitor using an hdmi cable. I sometimes watch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by richardwaltonTA, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Screen going dark momentarily

I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I'm using an LG 43 inch 4K smart tv for a monitor using an hdmi cable. I sometimes watch tv on the same unit by changing the source to a different hdmi port. Occasionally while I'm using the desktop the tv screen will blink,is the best way to describe it, it will be on, instantaneously go black and be right back on. Sometimes it will happen 2 or 3 times in a day,sometimes it won't happen at all for 2 or 3 days. When I am watching programming on the tv, it hasn't done the same thing. Is this a Windows issue, particularly Win 10, since I can't remember this ever happening with any prior version of Windows.

:)

richardwaltonTA, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Dark Screen

Hi Adrienne,

The challenges that you are having with the screen of your computer may be hardware-related. However, we cannot cross out the fact that it may still be software-related. Having said that, we may go through a series of troubleshooting steps that are more
    focused on the software aspect of your computer. Before we proceed, let us isolate the issue by answering the following questions:

• When did you start to notice the issue with the brightness on your computer?
    • Were there any recent changes made on your computer?

We also suggest that you update the display drivers of your computer. Here is a
    link
    that will direct you to a page that contains the steps on how to do so.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Sep 27, 2018
  3. 6151 - screen going dark

Has any one found a way to prevent the screen and keypad from turning off (or going dark) after about 10secs even when connected to a powered handsfree car kit? This makes it very difficult to use the phines whislt driving at night.

danran---01, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen going dark momentarily

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Screen going dark momentarily

1. Screen going dark momentarily - Similar Threads - Screen going dark

2. Screen to dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen to dark: I can't barely see my screen because it's too dark. The shortcut keys on my keybaord won't work. Also there is no options to make it brighter on the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-to-dark/98582418-c565-4fa7-8313-b59a6e25f5ae
  3. Screen to dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen to dark: I can't barely see my screen because it's too dark. The shortcut keys on my keybaord won't work. Also there is no options to make it brighter on the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-to-dark/98582418-c565-4fa7-8313-b59a6e25f5ae
  4. Screen going from light to dark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen going from light to dark: I have Windows 10 on my hp laptop but just recently it has started going from light to dark on the screen with a few seconds between the change. It was purchased with Windows 10 on it so I have made no adjustments to it. Can anyone help me as trying to work with the screen...
  5. dark screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dark screen: After an update my screen turned so dark I can barely read it. I had the camera covered. So I uninstalled the update, and re-installed to no avail. Help anyone? brightness is at 100%...
  6. Windows 10 going dark

Windows 10 going dark: I've had this issue of windows 10 going dark locking for the past month. I press the power button and it says either "windows resuming" or "was hibernating". I changed the setting for sleep to never. I reinstalled windows through the Fresh Start option hoping to eliminate the...
  7. Screen going momentarily black every 30 seconds - some clues only

Screen going momentarily black every 30 seconds - some clues only: Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine. It's always run nicely until at some point recently that I can't quite pinpoint. I would have noticed this before because it's too obvious. Could be the last update. Every 30 seconds or so the screen goes momentarily blank for a fraction...
  8. dark screen

dark screen: dark nearly black screen after updating to windows 10 from win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-screen/db7e440e-dc46-40ee-8952-62c3082d366c
  9. Dark screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dark screen: Since t,his mornings update to build 1809, my screen goes very dark. If I open Microsoft Edge it has a black background. If I open BT Mail all the text has a black highlight around it....
  10. Dark Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Screen: I opened my laptop today and i found a dark screen as my wallpaper with a "loading" in the middle , i waited and it didn't change back to my wallpaper then i tried to change it and it didn't work so please somebody help me with this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus monitor blacks out momentarily