Windows 10: Screen going haywire

Discus and support Screen going haywire in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey there. So not too long ago I've started using Microsoft Teams due to online classes. Now, after installing it, some windows seem to go haywire.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EdahTheRedstoner, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Screen going haywire

Hey there.

So not too long ago I've started using Microsoft Teams due to online classes. Now, after installing it, some windows seem to go haywire.

Here's an example image of what my screen sometimes looks like when in Microsoft Teams, League of Legends or something else.

Screen going haywire 4b220927-72f5-4bed-aa72-3fee9667f7a1?upload=true.png

please, ignore the chattings, it's just school stuff

It started off like this in Microsoft Teams, then it went over to League of Legends, CS:GO and all other games.

I've tried reinstalling my graphics drivers and everything, but no luck, so decided to ask for help here because it only started happening after installing MS Teams.

Please give me a hand as soon as you can.

:)

EdahTheRedstoner, Apr 3, 2020
  2. jedi Win User

Help! Screen going haywire...

Hey guys,

I've had my Radeon 9800 AIW SE working nicely with the 4 extra pixel pipelines enabled for the past year, but since yesterday, for some unexplained reason, every time I try to run a game of any complexity (C&C Generals, MOHAA) the screen goes haywire with multiple flashing coloured vertical lines down the screen - the game itself seeming to run fine in the background, with all associated noises etc.

In attempting to solve this I've tried the latest modded drivers, the latest UNmodded drivers from ATI, and the latest version of DirectX - to no avail. Windows and "ordinary" programmes (eDonkey, Word, etc) run fine. Is there any reason this might be happening other than (gulp) a hardware problem?? *Confused Screen going haywire :confused:

System specs: Athlon XP 1800+
    512 MB Ram
    ATI AIW Radeon 9800 SE (currently with Cat 5.13 drivers)

Oh, and that ATItool - works fine until I enable that fluffy cube thing, then goes haywire *Frown Screen going haywire :(

Any other info required please ask!

Jedi

jedi, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Computer going Haywire

No, I have to say that did not work for me. Since I downloaded windows 10 to my laptop the screen just keeps on flashing off and on. I can't get passed that screen to do anything. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you

MelindaHatton, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen going haywire

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Screen going haywire

1. Screen going haywire - Similar Threads - Screen going haywire

2. My laptop is going haywire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is going haywire: So my tech jumper laptop keeps turning on for about 1 second and turning back off UNLESS I hold down the windows button. Anyone know why this is happening? It’s not the cooling or the power...
  3. My laptop is going haywire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is going haywire: So my tech jumper laptop keeps turning on for about 1 second and turning back off UNLESS I hold down the windows button. Anyone know why this is happening? It’s not the cooling or the power...
  4. Graphics go haywire when running games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics go haywire when running games: I just got this new Lenovo IdeaPad 1, and was testing it out, and when I got into the Xbox app to try and run games my frames froze, and looked like smeared paint all across my screen. Then when I ran the games on Xbox app it would do the same but way worse and on top of that...
  5. Graphics go haywire when running games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics go haywire when running games: I just got this new Lenovo IdeaPad 1, and was testing it out, and when I got into the Xbox app to try and run games my frames froze, and looked like smeared paint all across my screen. Then when I ran the games on Xbox app it would do the same but way worse and on top of that...
  6. Asus UX330UAK Mouse going haywire.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus UX330UAK Mouse going haywire.: I have an intermittent problem with my touchpad pointer jumping around and clicking sporadically. It just starting doing this a few days ago. From reading online it may be associated with a windows update. I have updated everything in windows update and from asus live update....
  7. Graphics Kernel going haywire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics Kernel going haywire: I've had this recurring problem for a few months now, and I've tried everything I possibly could to attempt to fix it. Unless I find a solution, I'm gonna have to end up sending my laptop in for repairs, which I really don't want to do since I need it for school and I've only...
  8. Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard going haywire, almost impossible to use: I was out of town for a week and came back home to find my computer Dell desktop running Windows 10 almost unusable. Difficult to explain but it's almost as though a ghost has taken over my keyboard. Any attempt to type anything such as a URL, a Google search, or a start...
  9. Windows and Office going haywire

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows and Office going haywire: Windows asks me for settings every couple of weeks. Things like do I want to synchronize settings across my different devices, etc. Stuff that should be associated with my Microsoft account. Also, I periodically have to reboot and this is when it almost always happens...
  10. App Curation going Haywire

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    App Curation going Haywire: The Issue Alright. I will start by saying this: Nobody using the family PC is able to use the Calculator app.THE CALCULATOR APP. Nor are we able to use any Microsoft Store apps or the Microsoft Store itself. Are there any files I can delete that can disable the parental...