Windows 10: Screen going momentarily black every 30 seconds - some clues only

Discus and support Screen going momentarily black every 30 seconds - some clues only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 machine. It's always run nicely until at some point recently that I can't quite pinpoint. I would have noticed this before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KrisHiya3, Mar 24, 2020.

1. KrisHiya3 Win User

Screen going momentarily black every 30 seconds - some clues only

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 machine. It's always run nicely until at some point recently that I can't quite pinpoint. I would have noticed this before because it's too obvious. Could be the last update.

Every 30 seconds or so the screen goes momentarily blank for a fraction of a second. Maybe a 20th of a second?

It cannot be cables because it happens on both monitors at the same time. It even happens if I unplug one monitor and observe the other and then do the opposite.

It does this irrespective of any software I'm running which is usually only browser anyway.

I have some clues:

• At the instant of the black flash Antimalware Service Executable jumps to the process with the highest CPU usage on Task Manager.
    • On the performance GPU tab on Task Manager there is an associated spike to 100% only on the 3D section for IntelR HD Graphics Family.
    • If I go on Advanced display settings on windows it gives you a drop down at the top with Display 1 and Display 2. If I'm inspecting Display 2 and the flash happens the drop down label will flicker and reset to showing Display 1. Bizarre I know but true. It's like there's some refresh code being executed to trigger this.

Any ideas?

:)

KrisHiya3, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Srimadhwa B, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Screen keeps going black for a second

Hi Bob,

This issue may have occurred due to several reasons. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• When does your screen goes black, is it during startup, or while opening an application?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us so we assist you accordingly.

Xylee Del, Mar 24, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen going momentarily black every 30 seconds - some clues only - Similar Threads - Screen going momentarily

2. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.: This keeps happening every 30 seconds. The screen goes black for 3seconds~ then everything comes back to normal without doing anything. If i am on browser i can still see the taskbar turning black and if i stay on desktop i can see the entire screen turns back. Even though...
  3. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.: This keeps happening every 30 seconds. The screen goes black for 3seconds~ then everything comes back to normal without doing anything. If i am on browser i can still see the taskbar turning black and if i stay on desktop i can see the entire screen turns back. Even though...
  4. Windows 10 - Black screen every 30 seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns off for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  6. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns of for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  7. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns of for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  8. Horizontal black bar flickering on screen every 10-30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal black bar flickering on screen every 10-30 seconds: I have recently built a new pc and I get horizontal bars flashing on my screen every 10-30 seconds. The colour of the bar is usually black however it has been white a few times.I have all the latest graphics drivers so I do not believe that is the issue. I also don’t believe...
  9. Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds

Screens flashing off and on every 30 seconds: My computer screens flash off every 30 seconds or so. It doesnt effect any application I have open or system windows such as control panel. It does however close windows explorer window when it flashes. When I look at the event viewer it is showing almost 600 events...
  10. Screen going dark momentarily

Screen going dark momentarily: I have a HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF running Windows 10 pro 64 bit. I'm using an LG 43 inch 4K smart tv for a monitor using an hdmi cable. I sometimes watch tv on the same unit by changing the source to a different hdmi port. Occasionally while I'm using the desktop the tv screen...