Windows 10: screen going to screensaver to quickly

Discus and support screen going to screensaver to quickly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I take just a few minutes of NOT typing or searching for something, my laptop goes to the screen saver mode? How do I adjust that ??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BradWatts, May 4, 2019.

1. BradWatts Win User

screen going to screensaver to quickly

If I take just a few minutes of NOT typing or searching for something, my laptop goes to the screen saver mode? How do I adjust that ??

:)

BradWatts, May 4, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.screen going to screensaver to quickly :)

terrace, May 4, 2019
  3. Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 4, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

screensaver versus no screensaver

screensavers are a leftover from back when

A: screens burned images in

B: the technology to have the screen power off didnt exist

C: screens took ages to power on

it is a complete waste of energy (on the monitor, CPU and video card if its 3D) to use a screensaver in this day and age - just set the screen to turn off after 5-15 minutes. (and NO, that wont feck with games or movies - fullscreen apps tend to stop screens powering down)

ding. especially if its a 3D screensaver, its just ridiculous.

Mussels, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. screen going to screensaver to quickly - Similar Threads - screen going screensaver

2. Screensaver Dimming Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver Dimming Screen: I just got an Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with Windows 11, and I added my favorite screensaver to it. However, whenever it turns on, the brightness turns all the way down. This happens if it is plugged in or not. It only happens if it is natural, not if I use the test...
  3. Screensaver Dimming Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver Dimming Screen: I just got an Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop with Windows 11, and I added my favorite screensaver to it. However, whenever it turns on, the brightness turns all the way down. This happens if it is plugged in or not. It only happens if it is natural, not if I use the test...
  4. Windows 10 quick to go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 quick to go to sleep.: My desktop computer (Windows 10 Version 1803-build 17618-1000) constantly wants to go to sleep. If I leave it idle for a minute or two, it goes to sleep. I have tried any manner of fixes with no results. In my research, it is hinted that a recent update from Microsoft may be...
  5. Screensaver does not go on (Win10)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver does not go on (Win10)?: Hi, I have set my screensaver to 2 minutes but it does not turn on, what now? Bildschirmschoner geht nicht an (Win10)?
  6. Screensaver

Screensaver: Is there a way to randomize screensaver photo in Windows 10? Thx, JD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver/dbb69809-eded-4f42-9601-4d92ace37c18
  7. Video screensaver/lock screen?

Video screensaver/lock screen?: On Windows 8, I could set a video as my screensaver. I would choose slideshow for my screensaver and choose a folder with the video in it, and it would loop without issue. I can't get Windows 10 to do the same thing. Yes, the file is a "windows media video". How can I...
  8. Go to Explorer Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Go to Explorer Quick Access: How to I navigate to Quick Access in Windows Explorer without having close and reopen the window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-to-explorer-quick-access/0df06764-59bb-47e3-8591-086365c10f52"
  9. quick access search toolbar at top of screen wont go away

quick access search toolbar at top of screen wont go away: my computer suddenly had a search tool bar appear at the top of the screen for quick access to the internet to search needed information without using the internet app pinned to the bottom of the screen. It is inconveniencing my view and wont let apps open fully, I've tried...
  10. How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.

How to change a screensavers posistion on screen.: Hi, Here's my issue, using windows 10 pro (1809). And my setup is laptop screen on the left, 16:9 screen on the right (This is set as main display). Changing main display or which way round the screen is not a solution for this issue. So when in single screen using either...