Windows 10: Screen going to sleep after an hour

Discus and support Screen going to sleep after an hour in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 8.1 machine. I disabled the sleep options of the power scheme both screen and system sleep. Anyway, after an hour or so, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AsifAliKhan12, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Screen going to sleep after an hour

I have a Windows 8.1 machine. I disabled the sleep options of the power scheme both screen and system sleep. Anyway, after an hour or so, the screen goes black.Is there another sleeping mode that I am not aware of?P. S. The monitor is not the cause.

:)

AsifAliKhan12, Nov 27, 2021

2. Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Nov 27, 2021
  3. AlHeline Win User
    Screen Sleep

That only works until you reboot or power down. Then, it is back to the 15 minute setting. I am trying to kill screen sleep forever.

AlHeline, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Screen going to sleep after an hour

windows 10 PC will not go to sleep and the screen saver will not work, just after latest windows 10 update

Hello,

Corruption within the Power settings is one of the possible reasons why you are encountering issues with the Screen Saver feature and Sleep mode in Windows 10. To address the issue, we suggest running the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Troubleshooting and select it on the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the on-screen instructions.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Screen going to sleep after an hour

1. Screen going to sleep after an hour - Similar Threads - Screen going sleep

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  6. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  7. Screen going to sleep after an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going to sleep after an hour: I have a Windows 8.1 machine. I disabled the sleep options of the power scheme both screen and system sleep. Anyway, after an hour or so, the screen goes black.Is there another sleeping mode that I am not aware of?P. S. The monitor is not the cause....
  8. Screen doesn't go into sleep mode

Screen doesn't go into sleep mode: My screen doesn't go into sleep mode even though the settings are set. I tried changing settings and rebooting but screen stays on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-doesnt-go-into-sleep-mode/98d2c93d-e3a5-4bd8-be0f-79b2d6f38627
  9. Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute: Hello, I was wondering how to change this. I want it to wait longer to put my computer to sleep then just one minute during my lock screen. I have tried going through advanced power options -> Display -> Console Lock Display Off Timeout, But that last directory does not...
  10. Display Not Going To Sleep And no Screen Saver

Display Not Going To Sleep And no Screen Saver: I have two monitors connected to my Windows 10 PC. They are both HD. I just want them to switch off automatically but they never do. I have followed all the rules on the Microsoft Website but it still stays on forever. Even if I could just get the Screen Saver to work....