Windows 10: Screen has red tint that is not caused by hardware or "night light" mode

Discus and support Screen has red tint that is not caused by hardware or "night light" mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Something happened to my instance of windows 10 yesterday, where my screen now has a persistent red tint to everything. On my machine, I dual boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PhitPhil, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Screen has red tint that is not caused by hardware or "night light" mode

Something happened to my instance of windows 10 yesterday, where my screen now has a persistent red tint to everything. On my machine, I dual boot between Windows 10 and Ubuntu, and this problem ONLY happens with Windows 10, so I know its not a hardware problem. I also updated my AMD drivers yesterday after this started without any resolution to the problem.

I've read the first 50ish results from google about this, and almost every discussion is about a) hardware problems b) the night light setting. I know the hardware is fine and I checked the night light setting, which is turned off. When I turn it on, it gets even redder, and then goes back to the less intense red tint when I turn it off. There were two or so pages about other things that didn't pan out either.

I was wondering if someone else has dealt with this.

submitted by /u/PhitPhil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PhitPhil, Apr 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 Night Light not turning off / doubling up

This answer to specific to Lenovo computers. I had the same problem and found it is related to a Lenovo software update.

1. Download or use the already installed the Lenovo Vantage software
    2. Open the Hardware settings
    3. Reset the Eye Care Mode. For me, I actually had to switch it to the "on" setting which removed the screen tint. For you, maybe you have to switch to "off". You will see the difference right away. That should remove the night light feature that is similar to Windows 10.

The Lenovo "Eye Care Mode" was updated early September and may be causing the problem.
    source: Snipping Tool Has Orange Tint Now-English Community

Justin Tung, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Red tint on the screen

I spilled tea on my Asus laptop and got the screen with red lines and a blue tint. So, I have the screen replaced. But it helped
    partially, because I received a red tint on my screen. Could you help me?

eva changevachang, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Kenetic Win User

Screen has red tint that is not caused by hardware or "night light" mode

night light

Hi,

Have you opened the night light app to see it's setting?

There is a possibility that the temperature slider is set too high (ie. no red tint) which may have been the default after the update.

Kenetic, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Screen has red tint that is not caused by hardware or "night light" mode

1. Screen has red tint that is not caused by hardware or "night light" mode - Similar Threads - Screen has red

2. Strange red tint on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange red tint on screen: I tried to include 2 pictures showing how my screen has a red/pink tint over it but the files wouldn't upload, but yeah just a slight red/ pinkish tint. This started a few days ago and I really haven't downloaded anything major other than some mods. This particularly occurs...
  3. Strange red tint on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange red tint on screen: I tried to include 2 pictures showing how my screen has a red/pink tint over it but the files wouldn't upload, but yeah just a slight red/ pinkish tint. This started a few days ago and I really haven't downloaded anything major other than some mods. This particularly occurs...
  4. Night Light mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light mode: Greetings everyone,When I turn on night light mode the colours become warmer which is okay.But, whenever I play a game, open a picture or a video the colours become lighter and more shining. it's like a modified night light mode and it's really uncomfortable.When I plug in...
  5. Red screen tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red screen tint: Hey,after I started Call of Duty Warzone yesterday I have a red screen tint when I use HDR. I can "fix" it for some minutes if I open the display settings by right clicking on my desktop yes just opening this settings fixes the problem. But just on one screen, for the second...
  6. Problems with screen brightness and night light mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with screen brightness and night light mode: I have 2 problems with my laptop as mentioned above. Both of these problems only happen when I upgrade the OS from Window Home SL to Pro, after using Win Pro for a month, I discovered my laptop cannot adjust the brightness and cannot use the night light mode. I took Google to...
  7. Ghosting caused by Night Light

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghosting caused by Night Light: I'm not sure if this is a Win10 issue or a general display issue but when I turn the Night Light function up it causes an orange trail behind black moving objects. This doesn't happen when I use the built-in blue light filter setting on my monitor. Scrolling text which is...
  8. Ghosting caused by Night Light

Ghosting caused by Night Light: I'm not sure if this is a Win10 issue or a general display issue but when I turn the Night Light function up it causes an orange trail behind black moving objects. This doesn't happen when I use the built-in blue light filter setting on my monitor. Scrolling text which is...
  9. Laptop screen entering Night Light mode

Laptop screen entering Night Light mode: My laptop keeps entering night mode everytime anything is connected be it via bluetooth or usb. And upon boot. Night mode is off and the srgb is set as default profile. Any ideas? submitted by /u/w0f3r [link] [comments]...
  10. Red tint on the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red tint on the screen: I spilled tea on my Asus laptop and got the screen with red lines and a blue tint. So, I have the screen replaced. But it helped partially, because I received a red tint on my screen. Could you help me?...