Windows 10: Screen Has Weird Overlay Due To What I Think Was Monitor Failure

Discus and support Screen Has Weird Overlay Due To What I Think Was Monitor Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, today I was using my wmr and I had what i think was monitor failure (my laptop screen) as my screen went to a black and white screen. I heard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BuffoonSkivitch, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Screen Has Weird Overlay Due To What I Think Was Monitor Failure

Hello, today I was using my wmr and I had what i think was monitor failure (my laptop screen) as my screen went to a black and white screen. I heard this is caused by high cpu usage, but that isn't my problem. Now when my screen went back to its normal state (wasn't using anything that would up my cpu usage) I can see on my taskbar the applications I was running during the time my laptop screen failed (steam vr, and the mixed reality portal.) I can also see the red bar on my screen that tells me to hold the windows key and press y to switch to my desktop. This is very annoying, any kind of help would be appreciated, thank you!

:)

BuffoonSkivitch, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Screen Has Weird Overlay Due To What I Think Was Monitor Failure

windows starts hidden applications with overlay window

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing with the applications on your computer can occur due to several reasons, such as, a possible threat on your computer, system failure, etc. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.

Also, kindly send us a screenshot of the overlay that you are seeing.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Screen Has Weird Overlay Due To What I Think Was Monitor Failure

1. Screen Has Weird Overlay Due To What I Think Was Monitor Failure - Similar Threads - Screen Has Weird

2. How to change what monitor is assigned what number? I have the answer I think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change what monitor is assigned what number? I have the answer I think: Hi everyone, for those using a pc with multiple monitors and are wanting to have each monitor a specific number I may have found the answer. I was having this exact problem and all I did to change the assigned number was change which port my DP or HDMI was plugged into....
  3. How to change what monitor is assigned what number? I have the answer I think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change what monitor is assigned what number? I have the answer I think: Hi everyone, for those using a pc with multiple monitors and are wanting to have each monitor a specific number I may have found the answer. I was having this exact problem and all I did to change the assigned number was change which port my DP or HDMI was plugged into....
  4. Second monitor has a weird resolution now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor has a weird resolution now: So i have a monitor which i've used with an older computer for quite a while. But today, i decided to use my monitor with my laptop. For some reason, when i use my monitor with my computer, it's recommended resolution is 1920x1080, which looks just fine.But when i use my...
  5. Second monitor has a weird resolution now

Second monitor has a weird resolution now: So i have a monitor which i've used with an older computer for quite a while. But today, i decided to use my monitor with my laptop. For some reason, when i use my monitor with my computer, it's recommended resolution is 1920x1080, which looks just fine.But when i use my...
  6. Weird overlay on applications

Weird overlay on applications: Whenever I open some specific applications, weird lines appear over them. I am attaching a screenshot for reference. Whenever I move my mouse pointer over these lines, they disappear but they reappear after a few seconds. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  7. What is this weird thing that pops up (I think it means "No internet connection")

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this weird thing that pops up (I think it means "No internet connection"): [ATTACH] Hi guys, this weird symbol takes up half my screen and doesn't f*** off even if I mouseover it and press the OK button which appears. I don't know what it is. It implies no internet, but the internet is on. Proof in screenshot made while writing this post. Stupid...
  8. I have this weird pixels on screen and I think it's a windows 10 problem (?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have this weird pixels on screen and I think it's a windows 10 problem (?): [ATTACH] Idk why this keeps happening and it's very weird because it only does when I close my laptop like once every ten times or so. Does someone know what this is or how could I fix it? you can see the red, green and blue outlines. submitted by /u/ncaste [link]...
  9. What is this numbered overlay grid appearing on my screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this numbered overlay grid appearing on my screen?: [img] I am using a 17 inch HP ENVY touchscreen laptop with 64 bit windows 10 163437
  10. Weird Windows Snap Overlay

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Windows Snap Overlay: So my laptop has done this weird thing ever since I got it. Whenever I drag a window, this pops up: [img] It did it when I was using it before and after I reinstalled windows, and I haven't seen it on any other computer, Windows 10 or no. What is this and how can I...