Windows 10: screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen

Discus and support screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just did a normal restart of Windows 10 Pro 64, FCU, and all my screen icons were arranged in some random order on the left side of the screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Jan 1, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen

I just did a normal restart of Windows 10 Pro 64, FCU, and all my screen icons were arranged in some random order on the left
    side of the screen, with each column of icons going from the top to the bottom of the window. I have had this same problem before, but usually when I system locked up and I had to force a shutdown or do a complete power button reset.

What does Windows reset my desktop icons? And more importantly, is there any REG setting that can prevent this problem from happening again. it's very frustrating when this happens *Shock, and I can never get all the icons to their same positions as before. *Devil

:)

x509, Jan 1, 2018

2. Display problems

About a week or so after upgrading to Windows 10, while I was away from the computer, the desktop screen changed from small icons neatly arranged on each side of the screen to huge icons rearranged in random fashion with one vertical row on the right side
    and the rest congregated on the left side. I tried "settings" but couldn't get the display back to normal, so I rebooted/restarted the computer. That returned everything to normal.

Today, while I was talking on the phone in front of my computer, there was a musical chime and the screen went to the huge icons and scrambled arrangement again. This time, restarting did not cure the problem.

I chatted with Windows support, and he couldn't fix it. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

ElliottArthur, Jan 1, 2018
  3. Ian Sal Win User
    Circle icons on left side of screen in message list on Windows 10 Mobile Messaging

Hi,

This is called Delivery Receipts Inline which can be removed by turning off Delivery Notifications. Go to
    Messaging > (. . .) on the lower right corner >
    Settings > Change more settings for Messaging > SMS/MMS > SMS delivery confirmation, set it to
    off.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Jan 1, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

I don't know a solution to that problem, but maybe a suggestion is to make the Desktop simpler for you to use. I don't know how many icons you have on there, but I have everything organized on my Desktop, so if an error like that occurs, I wouldn't have too much of a hassle by rearranging everything back to the way it was.

Sorry, this is not a fix for that error, only a suggestion to prevent the error from being too troublesome.

As you can see in the screen shot, I have in the first column, I have The Computer itself, the main icon. Then after that, My important files and folders in My Stuff. Then the Recycle Bin which has a parody of a name which still makes sense, the place where the computer can Recycle Binary. After that is the Downloads from the internet folder, so I don't cram the Desktop from downloading straight to the Desktop. And after that, Projects that I do on the computer.
    Column number 2 has all the icons programs sorted in those three folders
    Column number 3 is just other programs.
    Column 4 has a folder named Games and shortcuts to the games are in there.
    Column 5 is a shortcut to Windows Update, so I can double click it and see what updates the computer has done, etc..

There's an extra file there on the Desktop, but no worries, I'm working with that file at the moment.

screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen [​IMG]

pepanee, Jan 1, 2018
Thema:

1. screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen - Similar Threads - screen icons scrambled

2. left side of laptop screen unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left side of laptop screen unresponsive: My keyboard is working properly but when trying to click on the left side of my laptop screen everything is unresponsive but when I shorten the page to the right side of the screen everything works on that side also laptop is not touchscreen...
  3. task bar left side of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar left side of screen: Why did MS take away the feature to move the task bar to the sides of the screen. I have been using a surface with a wide screen since the surface 2. I always put the task bar on the side of the screen. Now we cannot do this. Very disappointed....
  4. task bar left side of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar left side of screen: Why did MS take away the feature to move the task bar to the sides of the screen. I have been using a surface with a wide screen since the surface 2. I always put the task bar on the side of the screen. Now we cannot do this. Very disappointed....
  5. Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen: Hello I have an all in one HP and the mouse jumps to the top left of the screen when using web pages or when not using the PC it opens windows of icons or folders. I have tried uninstalling the mouse software in Device Manager but does not make a difference. Is there anyway...
  6. White Line on Left Side of Screen

White Line on Left Side of Screen: I bought a Lenovo Ideapad this year and suddenly this white line has appeared on the left side of the screen. It won't go away even when I go on full-screen videos on Youtube or Netflix. How can I make it go away? [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Desktop not visible on left side of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop not visible on left side of screen: left side of picture is quarter inch off screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-visible-on-left-side-of-screen/26661bc3-65be-4cf6-bf80-9f21b71d7aeb
  8. SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    SCRAMBLING OF SCREEN ICONS: I see that I am among an army of Windows users who are frustrated with the way that Windows periodically scrambles the icons on the desktop. Furthermore, the solutions provided by Microsoft don't solve the problem. Like many other users, I have lots of icons on my screen,...
  9. Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen.

Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen.: Hello I have recently bought a new computer and the mouse when gaming jumps to the left corner of the screen, normally over the windows button. When in webpages it also does the same and jumps to the Windows button. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance 58859
  10. Icons stretched off screen on left side.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons stretched off screen on left side.: So quite frequently I will come out of a game and all of my shortcuts will be stretched all the way down the screen on the left column. It looks like all of the icons are crammed into a single column on the left side. I know it is all of them because part of one of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows screeen icons scrambled