Windows 10: screen image on 2nd monitor off-center

Discus and support screen image on 2nd monitor off-center in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi - I have two monitors connected to my HP Prodesk, and I'm using Windows 10. I've never had a problem with the displays until I moved the entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lerissa Patrick, Mar 18, 2020.

1. screen image on 2nd monitor off-center

Hi - I have two monitors connected to my HP Prodesk, and I'm using Windows 10. I've never had a problem with the displays until I moved the entire workstation from my office to my home. Now there is a large blank area that runs vertically along the left edge of the monitor. It's about 3 inches deep. The left edge of the window begins there, so the right 1/4 of the screen image is not visible. Also, the window is lower than it should be, so most of the task bar is not visible.

In other shorter words, the window is not aligned with the edges of the monitor screen. When I try to get a screen shot, I only get the part of the screen that is visible and not the black section on the left.

Here's what I've done:

• Checked all the display settings 100%, 1280x1024, Landscape, Extended displays
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver
    • Pressed Windows+P to verify I've got it set to the Extend option.
    • Double-checked all cable connections to make sure they are snug.
    • Pressed Windows+Ctrl+Shift+B
    • Rebooted Multiple times

Help>

:)

Lerissa Patrick, Mar 18, 2020

2. 2nd Monitor

screen image on 2nd monitor off-center 36e097ff-f842-4a98-9a50-09efba693b40?upload=true.jpg

I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200.

My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the resolution for the 2nd screen. I have gone into Display Settings clicked on the 2nd screen
    but the icon for changing resolution is faded out and can’t change settings for resolution. When I click on Detect it come up in red ‘Didn’t detect another display’

JohnMcNaughton1, Mar 18, 2020
  3. t_ski Win User
    Monitor image slightly off screen

See if there is a driver for your specific monitor, change the refresh rate or use the image adjustments from the monitor as twicksisted suggested.

t_ski, Mar 18, 2020
  4. JD Meyer Win User

screen image on 2nd monitor off-center

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

screen image on 2nd monitor off-center

1. screen image on 2nd monitor off-center - Similar Threads - screen image 2nd

2. Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off: I have a laptop and 2 external screens. how do I set the display such that I can close the main laptop screen screen 1 and only use the 2 external screens screen 2 and 3?...
  3. Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off: I have a laptop and 2 external screens. how do I set the display such that I can close the main laptop screen screen 1 and only use the 2 external screens screen 2 and 3?...
  4. Is there a faster solution to turn off 2nd Monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a faster solution to turn off 2nd Monitor?: Hello,i have a second monitor that I rarely use. TV aboveIs there a way to turn it off with the remote and it automatically switches to single monitor projection? the other way around too So all my apps switch to my primary Monitor and i cant lose my cursor in the turned off...
  5. Is there a faster solution to turn off 2nd Monitor?

Is there a faster solution to turn off 2nd Monitor?: Hello,i have a second monitor that I rarely use. TV aboveIs there a way to turn it off with the remote and it automatically switches to single monitor projection? the other way around too So all my apps switch to my primary Monitor and i cant lose my cursor in the turned off...
  6. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active: HiWindows 10, 21H2 OS Build 19044.1889I've two monitors linked up to my PC:Left side: 1st monitor: DVIRight side: 2nd montor: DP from PC to VGA via adapterNow when I turn off my 2nd monitor, the desktop for this monitor still seems to be enabled. I could move the mouse all to...
  7. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active: HiWindows 10, 21H2 OS Build 19044.1889I've two monitors linked up to my PC:Left side: 1st monitor: DVIRight side: 2nd montor: DP from PC to VGA via adapterNow when I turn off my 2nd monitor, the desktop for this monitor still seems to be enabled. I could move the mouse all to...
  8. 2nd monitor turned off, 2nd desktop still active

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blurry image on 2nd monitor on extend display: While my laptop was connected to my TV with an HDMI cable, it used to work normally on the extend display option, yet, as i raised the resolution display option for the TV to 1920x1080 for the first time, as opposed to the recommended 1366x768 which was the option used on...
  10. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows screensaver off center multiple monitors