Windows 10: Screen in Perpetual Restart Mode After Turning on Bitlocker

Discus and support Screen in Perpetual Restart Mode After Turning on Bitlocker in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm brand new to Windows 10 and found Bitlocker in there, thought it must be good since it's there.... I thought it was supposed to ask for a password,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SheriLynn, Aug 5, 2019.

1. SheriLynn Win User

Screen in Perpetual Restart Mode After Turning on Bitlocker

I'm brand new to Windows 10 and found Bitlocker in there, thought it must be good since it's there.... I thought it was supposed to ask for a password, maybe a few 'yes' or 'no' questions, but it just restarted by computer and it's been doing that for about 30 minutes. Is this normal, or do I now have a new boat anchor? Any help at all will be appreciated.

:)

SheriLynn, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 5, 2019
  3. pepanee Win User
    How To Skip BitLocker Screen Whenever Computer Is Restarted

How can I skip the BitLocker screen
    ( https://www.windowscentral.com/sites...rd-startup.jpg ) whenever I Restart the computer? Whenever I restart the computer, that implies that I'm still the user at the computer, so I don't have to go through the small annoyance of retyping the password.
    If I Shut Down the computer instead, then turn the computer back on, then the BitLocker screen should show up, since anyone else can be at the computer. If Windows decides to automatically restart the computer, after updates or whatever, then it should also skip that screen. It's annoying sometimes whenever I come back to the computer and see that blue BitLocker screen open on the monitor, instead of having the monitor be off in stand-by mode (which is how I have it set up in Windows whenever the computer is idle). It has even happened a few times when I woke up. Sometimes I go to sleep with the computer running idly, with the monitor in stand-by mode. But when I wake up, I see that blue BitLocker screen on the monitor (because Windows made some updates and restarted the computer).

What are your thoughts? Thanks

pepanee, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Screen in Perpetual Restart Mode After Turning on Bitlocker

BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Screen in Perpetual Restart Mode After Turning on Bitlocker

1. Screen in Perpetual Restart Mode After Turning on Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Screen Perpetual Restart

2. BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts: Hello,anytime I turn the computer on or restart it, I see the "BitLocker recovery" screen asking for the recovery key: "BitLocker needs your recovery key to unblock your drive because the Boot Configuration Data setting 0x12000002 has changed for the following boot...
  3. BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts: Hello,anytime I turn the computer on or restart it, I see the "BitLocker recovery" screen asking for the recovery key: "BitLocker needs your recovery key to unblock your drive because the Boot Configuration Data setting 0x12000002 has changed for the following boot...
  4. BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows on perpetual login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows on perpetual login screen: My computer is in a perpetual login state. I start windows 10 up, the login screen appears, I enter the password, and it says "welcome" forever. I think that had something to do with windows trying to do an update when my battery died, but I'm not sure. What do I do?...
  6. Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Perpetual Screen Tearing issues.: So I noticed for a while now that for some reason, as i use my tv as a monitor for my pc, at random intervals my screen will tear and blink. Currently it is connected to my desktop via HDMI cable got it from the guy that put up the tv, and its not just when I play a game....
  7. Black screen after restarting for safe mode

Black screen after restarting for safe mode: I am getting black screen with underscrorenot blinking after restarting for booting into safe mode. I turn on safe mode through run->msconfig. But after clicking on the restart button i am getting black screen with underscore even that boot up window is not showing.i can...
  8. Screen turned black after entering full screen mode

Screen turned black after entering full screen mode: Hi, I'm using a toshiba satellite P55W laptop without any external monitor. Every time I enter full screen mode when watching video, the screen will turn black after 5 seconds. Audio's still working but not working fluently. It happeed in every applications and websites....
  9. Blank screen after turning on safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank screen after turning on safe mode: I have a blank screen after turning on safe mode and none of the solutions i found helped me.please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-screen-after-turning-on-safe-mode/1ccf501d-dbb8-4310-984a-fb04c8c792e4
  10. Windows 10 in perpetual Beta testing mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 in perpetual Beta testing mode: I think Windows 10 and Edge should not have been released to the public. With constant new builds being put out, it makes me feel like I am still in the Insider Program going through each new build. It is as though Windows 10 is in a perpetual beta testing mode. The update...