Windows 10: Screen is always tinted red; problem is software

Discus and support Screen is always tinted red; problem is software in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been having an odd problem over the last few months. (I don't remember it being linked to any specific update.) My laptop is constantly on night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EnzoRocksmith, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Screen is always tinted red; problem is software

I've been having an odd problem over the last few months. (I don't remember it being linked to any specific update.) My laptop is constantly on night light, and by this I mean the screen is always a reddish hue. Even when it says night light is off, and it isn't scheduled, the screen is still red. Messing with the intel control panel hasn't helped. It was tolerable in the beginning, and probably better for my eyes, but somehow became even redder just a few weeks ago, and is becoming annoying. When I restart the laptop, the colors return to normal - for a moment. The second I log in they all become reddish again. I do a lot of photo editing, so not being able to see the true tones of an image is quite irksome. Any help is appreciated, thanks. Currently, my nightlight is off, unscheduled, and the strength is at zero. The screen is still reddish.

:)

EnzoRocksmith, Sep 15, 2019

2. Red tint on the screen

I spilled tea on my Asus laptop and got the screen with red lines and a blue tint. So, I have the screen replaced. But it helped
    partially, because I received a red tint on my screen. Could you help me?

eva changevachang, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Red-Tinted screen -- Software Issue?

This is what seems to be a problem on many devices, although in my case it seems to be a bit different.

I have looked on other topics and forums, but most problems seem to be caused by a problem with the connection between the graphics card and the monitor. I have checked all my connections and have restarted my computer, but the problem is not fixed.

I believe the problem is something on the software end, but I can't pinpoint exactly what. The reasons I believe it is a software problem and not a problem with my graphics card or monitor are as follows:

• When the monitor's menu is opened, colors are perfectly normal (For the menu)
    • The monitor is set to an RGB of (255, 255, 255), so there are no imbalances there
    • When using the Color Calibration menu, the RGB sliders are red on the left side. In addition, the Red slider is completely red, with no differences in shade or hue; it's just a red box
    • The problem persists after the monitor is Factory Reset

Here is an image saved on my hard drive (I believe it should appear normal on any other computer):

Screen is always tinted red; problem is software f87d214c-e828-481d-ac28-22c0b0f0e2c6.png

Here is a screen capture of that image (Again, I believe it should appear normal):

Screen is always tinted red; problem is software aeaf7408-7645-46e0-84b7-033c676f9793.png

And here is a picture of the same image open in Paint, taken with my phone (This one should have the red tint):

Screen is always tinted red; problem is software b3f1cf9b-8422-47f2-ae84-8f5df5246d98.jpg

Any advice that may help solve this problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AgentLuigi3, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Screen is always tinted red; problem is software

Asus X55A red screen tint

A while ago I had a spillage on my laptop and when I dried it and turned it back on the screen had a blue tint and red lines of static going across it. I replaced the screen thinking that would solve the issue but now the static lines are gone but the
    screen still has a tint which is now red. Can someone advice me on how to fix this?

BenjaminShabu, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Screen is always tinted red; problem is software

1. Screen is always tinted red; problem is software - Similar Threads - Screen always tinted

2. Strange red tint on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange red tint on screen: I tried to include 2 pictures showing how my screen has a red/pink tint over it but the files wouldn't upload, but yeah just a slight red/ pinkish tint. This started a few days ago and I really haven't downloaded anything major other than some mods. This particularly occurs...
  3. Strange red tint on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange red tint on screen: I tried to include 2 pictures showing how my screen has a red/pink tint over it but the files wouldn't upload, but yeah just a slight red/ pinkish tint. This started a few days ago and I really haven't downloaded anything major other than some mods. This particularly occurs...
  4. windows 10 red tint screen problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 red tint screen problem: Tried uninstalling disk. didn't work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-red-tint-screen-problem/c417b1af-974d-4186-ab50-4b30da9f4986
  5. windows 10 red tint screen problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 red tint screen problem: Tried uninstalling disk. didn't work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-red-tint-screen-problem/c417b1af-974d-4186-ab50-4b30da9f4986
  6. windows 10 red tint screen problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Red screen tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red screen tint: Hey,after I started Call of Duty Warzone yesterday I have a red screen tint when I use HDR. I can "fix" it for some minutes if I open the display settings by right clicking on my desktop yes just opening this settings fixes the problem. But just on one screen, for the second...
  8. Camera RED Tint

Camera RED Tint: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Above is the model of my machine and the type of internal camera am using. Below is the display of the picture the camera is giving me. Whether on facebook, OBS or any software this is the color of the camera. what is the problem? Am using windows 10...
  9. Red tint on the screen

Red tint on the screen: I spilled tea on my Asus laptop and got the screen with red lines and a blue tint. So, I have the screen replaced. But it helped partially, because I received a red tint on my screen. Could you help me?...
  10. Asus X55A red screen tint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus X55A red screen tint: A while ago I had a spillage on my laptop and when I dried it and turned it back on the screen had a blue tint and red lines of static going across it. I replaced the screen thinking that would solve the issue but now the static lines are gone but the screen still has a tint...