Windows 10: SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

Discus and support SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I RESTARTED MY LAPTOP AT AROUND 8.30 AM (WIN 10 )STILL THE SCREEN IS BLANK DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING . IS IT A PROBLEM OR THE UPDATE IS INSTALLING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PIYUSHDANTARA, Sep 3, 2019.

1. SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

I RESTARTED MY LAPTOP AT AROUND 8.30 AM (WIN 10 )STILL THE SCREEN IS BLANK DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING . IS IT A PROBLEM OR THE UPDATE IS INSTALLING

:)

PIYUSHDANTARA, Sep 3, 2019

2. blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Sep 3, 2019
  3. LJH FL Win User
    Win 10 blank screen

Win 10 downloaded & converted cleanly. It worked cleanly for 2 days on a Dell laptop - Inspiron 15z (5523, Late 2012). Decided to do a clean install to clear out residual history stuff. Made backup copies of my files. Initiated the creation of the
    recovery/restore USB. "When it finished I clicked on file explorer and the screen went blank. Only the cursor remained. Nothing would change the screen but the cursor would respond properly.

Powered off and powered on and got to the sign on page. Enter password and got welcome screen with circling dots. When this process turned control over to desktop the screen goes blank but shows cursor. Tried key combinations (Fn, windows, etc,) and only
    the CTL-ALT-Del combo worked which brought up task mgr. All systems were go according to Task mgr. Could start and stop processes. Also enable and disable them. Trying to see the storage location or other function gave me an "not found" error msg.
    Could use the network and power buttons properly in task mgr. So the hardware was working and the drivers too. Windows 10 is running but does not display on the screen. Win 10 is running in idle mode.

Tried to use alternate boot up which gives the windows logo and then goes to the blank screen with cursor. Hardware diagnostics are fine and pass the tests. The majority of advice in the "community" require visual access to recovery steps or restore steps.
    How to get that done?

Suggestions?

LJH FL, Sep 3, 2019
  4. SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

1. SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10 - Similar Threads - SCREEN BLANK RECENT

2. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  3. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Screen After Windows 10 update: Hello, I'm facing a problem with my laptop dell xps 13, where there is a blank screen after singing in, this happened immediately after I updated the system. I went into Microsoft support page...
  4. Blank Screen After Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win 10 posts to blank screen ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 posts to blank screen ?: My windows 10 will boot past post but then goes to blank screen. Im on vers 1511 pro I have reinstalled windows more then one time. I have booted in safe mode and uninstalled video drivers and also monitor drivers . This helps until I fully power off my system then system...
  6. Recent updates leave screen totally blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent updates leave screen totally blank: I was catching up on a few weeks of updates today and had to restart after a few batches. The last restart, I forget for what update, just left a blank screen as if no connection. Ive tried to restart into safe mode but nothing works, theres zero connection it seems to two...
  7. Blank screen after update.

Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  8. can't access my computer. blank screen after recent update.

can't access my computer. blank screen after recent update.: As you can tell by the Title. I have an issue with the blank screen error from the recent update on 16/11. I saw a troubleshooting thread here on this site. And I tried every single action. None worked. I can't access the update history to delete the update. And I have no...
  9. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....
  10. win 10 blank screen and no response

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 blank screen and no response: I was running win 10 version 14332.1001 and began having a blank screen when trying to wake the pc from sleep mode. The pc would not respond at all. No keys, nor mouse would do a thing. When I tried to shut the pc down using the button on the case it also would do nothing. I...