Windows 10: Screen is freezing off and on

Discus and support Screen is freezing off and on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My screen is freezing off and on, this happens every thirty minutes or so. I can still move my mouse and hear the sounds on the computer, it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jametron101, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Screen is freezing off and on

My screen is freezing off and on, this happens every thirty minutes or so. I can still move my mouse and hear the sounds on the computer, it is not malware as I just got this PC and have malware bytes and have scanned tons of times. I'm getting error messages in my Event Viewer such as

The IO operation at logical block address 0x2ca028 for Disk 2 PDO name: \Device\00000037 was retried.

Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

The server {AB8902B4-09CA-4BB6-B78D-A8F59079A8D5} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

taskhostw 3176,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" at offset 57344 0x000000000000e000 for 4096 0x00001000 bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time 18 seconds to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

I have a powerful PC so there is no reason this should happen. If anyone knows why or what is happening please tell me.

Thank you

:)

Jametron101, Jan 31, 2020

2. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Screen is freezing off and on

Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Screen is freezing off and on

1. Screen is freezing off and on - Similar Threads - Screen freezing off

2. Screen freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen freeze: [IMG] Does anyone know what kind of problem is this, laptop freezes with this image on display? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-freeze/ed0bb10e-5a1e-4459-ae24-d8d543c1bc53
  3. screen freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen freezing: My screen will freeze/pause for a few seconds, several times a minute, regardless of if I'm online or offline. I bought this gaming computer with Windows 10 Pro already on it so, I have no Windows disks. Specs are as follows: HP Compaq Pro 6300 9th Gen i7 quadcore 3.4 GHz...
  4. Screen freezes

Screen freezes: How can I fix screen freezes that happens constantly, many times during the day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-freezes/739e74b3-23e0-401f-b9b7-bde4a7fdf3c7
  5. screen freeze

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    screen freeze: My pc freezes aftre start up. There are no icons on the task bar and clicking mouse does nothing. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-freeze/d245665d-7609-4152-bd89-0a259690744b
  6. Screen Freeze

Screen Freeze: I have an ongoing problem with general slowness. Seems to have started after the recent updates (within a month or so). As I am typing this, i am waiting for the words to end up on the screen. The most evident demonstration of my problem is that the screen will freeze but in...
  7. screen freeze

screen freeze: hi can anyone help with screen freeze when viewing photos on windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-freeze/c7afef1b-0f00-4347-a650-02c4bd609dd7
  8. screen freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen freezes: after just 15 minutes of watching a video it just freezes....have to shut down and start up again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-freezes/fef95242-ed07-4164-a260-75e312779435
  9. Screen Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Freezing: My screen keeps freezing while i'm playing a game and it always happens when the windows prompt to screenshot or record comes up. When my screen does freeze it's only the screen i can still hear the audio from what i'm playing or if i'm talking to anyone i can still talk to...
  10. screen freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen freezes: I have an hp running windows 10. I have been playing games at pogo.com for many years. in the last three days after playing a game and trying to return to the home screen, the screen locks. it's like an endless loop and you can't do anything except the ctrl-alt-delete and the...