Windows 10: Screen is freezing off and on

Discus and support Screen is freezing off and on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My screen is freezing off and on, this happens every thirty minutes or so. I can still move my mouse and hear the sounds on the computer, it is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jametron101, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Screen is freezing off and on

My screen is freezing off and on, this happens every thirty minutes or so. I can still move my mouse and hear the sounds on the computer, it is not malware as I just got this PC and have malware bytes and have scanned tons of times. I'm getting error messages in my Event Viewer such as

The IO operation at logical block address 0x2ca028 for Disk 2 PDO name: \Device\00000037 was retried.

Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

The server {AB8902B4-09CA-4BB6-B78D-A8F59079A8D5} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

taskhostw 3176,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\James\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" at offset 57344 0x000000000000e000 for 4096 0x00001000 bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time 18 seconds to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

I have a powerful PC so there is no reason this should happen. If anyone knows why or what is happening please tell me.

Thank you

:)

Jametron101, Jan 31, 2020

2. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Screen is freezing off and on

Screen freeze

'screen freeze' is a very vague term.

Can you describe the issue with more detail?

ex: the image on screen freezes, but i can hit the power button and windows shuts down normally, and i can hear sounds in the background.

Mussels, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Screen is freezing off and on

1. Screen is freezing off and on - Similar Threads - Screen freezing off

2. PC freezes and the screen turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and the screen turns off: In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing this question. When it happens I'm usually playing games, even games with low system requirements but then all of a sudden the...
  3. PC freezes and the screen turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and the screen turns off: In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing this question. When it happens I'm usually playing games, even games with low system requirements but then all of a sudden the...
  4. PC shuts off with no warning no shutdown/restart screen, no freeze, no blue screen, then...

PC shuts off with no warning no shutdown/restart screen, no freeze, no blue screen, then...: I can't for the life of me figure this out. I've searched the forums far and wide and nothing has yet fixed my problem. My Windows 10 PC will shut off with no warning, just "click" and it's off. It then restarts itself. It mostly does this when rendering out video I'm a video...
  5. PC shuts off with no warning no shutdown/restart screen, no freeze, no blue screen, then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts off with no warning no shutdown/restart screen, no freeze, no blue screen, then...: I can't for the life of me figure this out. I've searched the forums far and wide and nothing has yet fixed my problem. My Windows 10 PC will shut off with no warning, just "click" and it's off. It then restarts itself. It mostly does this when rendering out video I'm a video...
  6. laptop freezes when screen is turned off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop freezes when screen is turned off: I have set my screen to turn off after 15 min of inactivity, but sometimes when laptop's screen is turned off it freezes and can't be turned on. The laptop itself is still turned on keyboard glows and cooling works, but i don't think its working then when this happens during...
  7. laptop freezes when screen is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop freezes when screen is turned off: I have set my screen to turn off after 15 min of inactivity, but sometimes when laptop's screen is turned off it freezes and can't be turned on. The laptop itself is still turned on keyboard glows and cooling works, but i don't think its working then when this happens during...
  8. laptop freezes when screen is turned off

9. Chrome freezes after my screen turns off

Chrome freezes after my screen turns off: In my power & sleep settings I have it where my screen willturn off after a time and I enjoy using that feature. But recently afterit does the tab I have open in chrome freezes - clicking does nothing and itwon't let me scroll. Clicking into another tab fixes this, but its...
  10. PC freezes after screen turns off and/or PC not sleeping

PC freezes after screen turns off and/or PC not sleeping: I am posting this to help people that are having sleep/wake issues. I had the following cases when I returned to my laptop after a period of time: 1 Power lamp is blinking. This tells me the PC went to sleep properly and it always wakes up properly. 2 Power lamp is lit but...