Windows 10: Screen is getting sleep mode

Discus and support Screen is getting sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; All of sudden my laptop screen is getting into sleepmode and then I have to unlock the scrren again. This thing is happening when I'm actively using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rajashekar S, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Screen is getting sleep mode

All of sudden my laptop screen is getting into sleepmode and then I have to unlock the scrren again. This thing is happening when I'm actively using the laptop. Can anybody say what is the issue and how can I resolve it.

:)

Rajashekar S, Sep 17, 2019

2. Getting to sign on screen from sleep mode

Hi Kirk,

For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• What were you doing on your device before performing sleep mode?
    • Can you verify if you're just only seeing a blank screen after putting your PC in sleep mode?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Looking forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 17, 2019
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Screen is getting sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Screen is getting sleep mode

1. Screen is getting sleep mode - Similar Threads - Screen getting sleep

2. Sleep and screen saver mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and screen saver mode: I am running windows 11 and have an issue with sleep mode and screen saver not kicking in automatically. I have been speaking to online Microsoft techs who tried various methods including reinstalling windows, but nothing is resolving the issue....
  3. Sleep and screen saver mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and screen saver mode: I am running windows 11 and have an issue with sleep mode and screen saver not kicking in automatically. I have been speaking to online Microsoft techs who tried various methods including reinstalling windows, but nothing is resolving the issue....
  4. Screen and Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen and Sleep mode not working: I have tried all the options for Screen and sleep mode but since the last windows update, the screen and sleep mode are not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-and-sleep-mode-not-working/1d34f300-2aa6-40b5-aecd-5d0e20cecb23
  5. Screen and Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen and Sleep mode not working: I have tried all the options for Screen and sleep mode but since the last windows update, the screen and sleep mode are not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-and-sleep-mode-not-working/1d34f300-2aa6-40b5-aecd-5d0e20cecb23
  6. Sleep Mode & Screen Off Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Mode & Screen Off Mode: If I set,PC screen will turn off after- 1hourPC will sleep after- 2hourWhen the PC will actually sleep during my inactivity? Is it 2hour? Or 1+2=3 hour?I mean, what does it mean by "sleep after"? Does the count start from the screen went off? Or from the the very beginning of...
  7. screen saver and sleep mode

screen saver and sleep mode: How do i turn off the screen saver when my computer is in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-and-sleep-mode/ed3cc0af-5e94-49c3-bb50-d8a4d6d91782
  8. How to get images full screen in slideshow sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get images full screen in slideshow sleep mode?: Hi, I put a slideshow on when the computer goes into sleep mode but the images are not covering the whole screen. I know the images are big enough it's not a size issue they are way bigger than the actual monitor resolution and I have no problems setting them as background...
  9. Sleep mode and lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  10. Sleep mode locks the screen

Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174