Windows 10: Screen keeps dimming

Discus and support Screen keeps dimming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I have a predator helios 300 laptop G3-571-77QK The screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mohanadhmoud, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Screen keeps dimming

Hey,

I have a predator helios 300 laptop G3-571-77QK

The screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep readjusting my brightness.

:)

mohanadhmoud, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Fool Win User

How to dim screen?

I tried googling Windows Ten, "how to dim screen," but the layout listed is not the layout I have. I just got Ten yesterday. How do you dim the screen?

I can't even find the options in the Display section.

3. Dim screen Win 10?

Have read the blogs. Windows 10 needs to make it EASY for people to dim their screen. This is my 3rd Toshiba laptop and it was easy to adjust the screen on all 3 including this one, until windows 10. Will buy a new laptop without Win 10 before I'll go
    through all the steps to dim screen in win 10 that is listed in the blogs I've read. I did stall an APP that helped but screen still hurts my eyes and creates a headache. Anybody have an EASY answer. It was so easy to work with DOS and windows 3.1. It's been
    a pain for a lot of people ever since they came up with the REGISTRY. Thanks people.

RandyFilion, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Macjei Win User

Screen keeps dimming

Weird screen dimming issue.

For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix it, is to either restart my computer or re-log.

Any suggestions?

Macjei, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Screen keeps dimming

1. Screen keeps dimming - Similar Threads - Screen keeps dimming

2. My screen keeps dimming depending on content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen keeps dimming depending on content: Hi, my desktop PC keeps auto-dimming during various activities such as browsing YouTube, watching a movie or going through folders. During bright parts or movies etc, it brightens up but during dark parts it dims automatically. I have amd adrenaline and a 7800xt installed. My...
  3. My screen keeps dimming depending on content

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen keeps dimming depending on content: Hi, my desktop PC keeps auto-dimming during various activities such as browsing YouTube, watching a movie or going through folders. During bright parts or movies etc, it brightens up but during dark parts it dims automatically. I have amd adrenaline and a 7800xt installed. My...
  4. Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically: I have Windows 11. Whenever I change my display settings Extend, PC Screen Only, etc. my laptop's screen changes to the minimum. If I click on the bottom-right and I check my brightness, the scale is set to max. If I move the slider a little it changes back. It happens...
  5. Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Screen keeps dimming automatically: I have Windows 11. Whenever I change my display settings Extend, PC Screen Only, etc. my laptop's screen changes to the minimum. If I click on the bottom-right and I check my brightness, the scale is set to max. If I move the slider a little it changes back. It happens...
  6. laptop screen keeps dimming

laptop screen keeps dimming: my screen gets darker when i have it display darker collers for like 30 seconds and when i go back to a white page it takes another 30 second to get a bit brighter again but for gaming it is realy annoying so i looked it up and it says that i have to turn my adaptive...
  7. laptop screen keeps dimming unexpectedly

laptop screen keeps dimming unexpectedly: My daughter's high end HP laptop with Windows 10 has a screen issue. While she is working graphic design, like with the pen, many times the screen goes very dim unexpectedly while she is working. Her laptop, like mine when you go into the advanced power options does NOT have...
  8. my screen keep auto dimming?????

my screen keep auto dimming?????: in 2020 why dose my screen keep auto dimming????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keep-auto-dimming/7f1f68ea-db58-4617-b6d0-439ffad194e6
  9. Why is the brightness of my screen keep dimming?

Why is the brightness of my screen keep dimming?: I do not have the 'night light' option on although I've tried that too. First time I sign on for the day, the display is dim. I set it brighter using the settings app but during the day, if I leave for an hour or so, the screen is dim again! How do I stop this from...
  10. dimming the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dimming the screen: I'd like to lower the brightness even further than the display options show. My slider is all the way to the left. It would be great if there was a slider that could lower it all the way to black, as the screen is still far too bright. -Zach...