Windows 10: Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works

Discus and support Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,After the new windows 10 update, my desktop computer on startup starts flashing the screen on and off. I know that the screen is functional for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dmitri_098, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works

Hello,After the new windows 10 update, my desktop computer on startup starts flashing the screen on and off. I know that the screen is functional for a fact. The mouse does not work as the entire screen gets reset with every flash and it happens every second.The task manager is the only thing that works and I open it with keyboard shortcuts. I can also open the menu through ctrl+alt+delete and even open the troubleshoot menu I see all the forums where talking about. HOWEVER, this is where the problems all start piling on. No matter the option I choose, whether it is system restore or attempt t

:)

Dmitri_098, Oct 17, 2021
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    My screen keep flashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the screen keeps flashing, like outdated display drivers or corrupted user profile.

Please answer the following questions for us not to repeat the same troubleshooting steps:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update the display drivers?
    • Have you tried to check Windows update?

Ryan Fra, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works

Flashing Screen of Death

Hi Preston,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try these steps:

• Open Task Manager
    • Right click on Windows Explorer and click on end task
    • Click on File on top click "Run new task" type Explorer.exe.
    • Click OK.

Hope these help.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works

1. Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works - Similar Threads - Screen keeps flashing

2. Task manager keeps "not responding"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager keeps "not responding": Hi! This problem only occurred today. Clicking the "x" button on my task manager causes it to freeze and "not respond". I have researched about similar problems and solutions including running the cmd and even checking for updates and rebooting my computer like a million...
  3. Task Manager not working

Task Manager not working: Hello !I recently discovered that, for some reason, my task manager won't work. It just shows the same values for usage. I already tried restarting the computerrunning an SFC scan 2 times, the first time it said something about it repaired something, the second time no...
  4. Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager not working: Hello !I recently discovered that, for some reason, my task manager won't work. It just shows the same values for usage. I already tried restarting the computerrunning an SFC scan 2 times, the first time it said something about it repaired something, the second time no...
  5. Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works: Hello,After the new windows 10 update, my desktop computer on startup starts flashing the screen on and off. I know that the screen is functional for a fact. The mouse does not work as the entire screen gets reset with every flash and it happens every second.The task manager...
  6. Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works

Screen keeps flashing and only task manager works: Hello,After the new windows 10 update, my desktop computer on startup starts flashing the screen on and off. I know that the screen is functional for a fact. The mouse does not work as the entire screen gets reset with every flash and it happens every second.The task manager...
  7. Can only on task manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can only on task manager?: I have a lenovo ideapad 320 and the following problem: My laptop starts normally, after that nothing can be clicked only by a combination of keys to open the Task Manager. In this time bios was updated, i could also access device manager (through task manager), that means i...
  8. Task manager not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task manager not working.: Hi! My task manager is not working. When I open it, it keeps showing the same datas, the graphs doesn't show the processes. I tried to solve the problem with sfc and dism scan, and even with an antivirus scan. No success. Btw. The task manager works on the other accounts....
  9. Flashing screen and task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flashing screen and task bar.: After turning on my computer, the desktop comes up.for.about 30 seconds and then the screen goes black and the taskbar at the bottom flashes constantly. I am able to pull up the task manager but because the computer is refreshing about every 3 seconds it is extremely...
  10. Task Manager not working

Task Manager not working: When I right click start window and then click Task Manager I receive the following response: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group2\5 - Task Manager.lnk This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a...