Windows 10: Screen keeps going into power saving mode.

Discus and support Screen keeps going into power saving mode. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; just setting up a cheap and cheerful set up for my wife, everything seems to work fine but the screen keeps going into power saving mode i have tried 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rangsmith, Feb 3, 2021.

1. rangsmith Win User

Screen keeps going into power saving mode.

just setting up a cheap and cheerful set up for my wife, everything seems to work fine but the screen keeps going into power saving mode i have tried 2 different screens the same thing? any idea whats going on? also when it goes in this mode i have to reboot the pc because i cant get the screen back on. ive also turned every sleep mode to never, and also clicked off in network dont turn off computer to save power.
    regards,

:)

rangsmith, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Huddo93 Win User

power saving mode after a few minutes on gaming

My friend had a similar problem on his older desktop. if its similar it is a problem with your graphics card overheating or dying. two steps to take would be to open the computer and clean the graphics card cooler thoroughly. And second of all get a friends graphics card and try his in your computer. this will rule out completely any problems with your graphics card. Which i think it is.

Btw. its not your pc outputting "power saving mode". but instead its the monitor saying power saving mode since your graphics card is crashing and the screen is not recieving a signal and going to standby.

Huddo93, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Cliffy-HC Win User
    Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have no idea why the computer monitors go into power saving mode. The computer doesn't. I can be browsing the internet (or even playing CandyCrush haha) more or less right after booting up and the monitors go to sleep. I
    can not wake them up. I have to turn the PC off and back on again. Not so good if I am doing some work.

Making any changes as you suggest above don't seem to do anything, there is only the mouse, keyboard and "NVIDIA nForce networking controller" listed.

Cliffy-HC, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Screen keeps going into power saving mode.

Monitors go into auto power save mode and wont wake up

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please try the below methods and check.

It could be a compatibility issue with the new Fast Startup component.

Try the below steps and check:

• Open Control Panel / Power Options.
    • On the Left side menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
    • Remove the check mark from the Turn on Fast Startup option.
    • Select the Save Changes Button.
    Shut Down the computer, wait a couple of minutes and then use the
    Power Button to start the computer.

Method 3:

I would suggest you to restore default settings of power plan and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Joy Kemprai, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Screen keeps going into power saving mode.

1. Screen keeps going into power saving mode. - Similar Threads - Screen keeps going

2. pc keeps going into low power mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc keeps going into low power mode: Been having an issue when I'm gaming my pc monitor, goes blank and pc sounds like it goes into low power mode. i don't know what else to do i can game all day then ,my monitor goes out and pc is unresponsive but i can hear the chat and everything just cant use mouse or...
  3. pc keeps going into low power mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps going into low power mode: Been having an issue when I'm gaming my pc monitor, goes blank and pc sounds like it goes into low power mode. i don't know what else to do i can game all day then ,my monitor goes out and pc is unresponsive but i can hear the chat and everything just cant use mouse or...
  4. pc keeps going into low power mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  6. Power saving mode

Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  7. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  8. Power save mode

Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  9. Monitor going into power save mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor going into power save mode: I've been having a problem with my computer going into power save mode. Sometimes I can use the PC for hours and sometimes it will happen within minutes, it will give me a black screen on the monitor telling me it is about to go into power save mode. The PC is still running...
  10. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power saving mode: How do I turn OFF power saving mode …...I have just updated to windows 10 ( god knows why ) not user friendly.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saving-mode/9510c35d-9d7d-491a-ab7a-c9cc1a63260a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer keeps going into power save mode windows 10

2. desktop monitor power save mode