Windows 10: Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

Discus and support Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SukhpalGosal, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is really annoying!

Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute 207dab00-75e7-4cf0-9202-d2b6e8fdbc22?upload=true.png Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute 6fa2ec53-03f2-4d62-81b7-539ea2e2c96d?upload=true.png Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute ab648e13-9e80-4998-a3a9-ea3c1f269398?upload=true.png

:)

SukhpalGosal, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

Thanks for the response but I have no screen saver set.

Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute [​IMG]

Any other suggestions? This is a royal PITA!

Dick Jagger, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

1. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute - Similar Threads - Screen keeps locking

2. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  3. Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen locking after 1 minute: Tried every fix you can think of. What say you Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-screen-locking-after-1-minute/122ef21e-5434-4b51-9a65-a86385bf3d3b
  4. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys,A few weeks ago my Windows 11, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen.I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being:Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time.Disable and enable the system video card.Start Windows...
  5. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys,A few weeks ago my Windows 11, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen.I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being:Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time.Disable and enable the system video card.Start Windows...
  6. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  7. Screen Locks after 1 minute

Screen Locks after 1 minute: Hello, I am trying to setup an RDP that continuosly fetches data from a PLC the problem is to do this I need my display to always stay on. My computer currently locks the screen after every minute and signs me out. I have changed all settings in control panel and settings yet...
  8. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  9. Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute

Windows 11 lock screen after 1 minute: Hello guys, A few weeks ago my Windows 1 reserved, after 1 min of inactivity it reserves the screen. I've gone through many configurations, but have not had success in any, being: Change screen saver settings.Change screen idle time. Disable and enable the system video card....
  10. Screen Locks after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Locks after 1 minute: Please Help, My computer locks itself after 1 min of inactivity. I've tried: Changing theme to Default Changing Screen Saver settings to different time/off Changing the Power plan in Power Options Editing the values in Windows Registry with Regedit Changed...