Windows 10: Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

Discus and support Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SukhpalGosal, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

I had updated windows 10 in November for the November update and since then, after 1 minute of inactivity the screen would turn off then when I do something it would just show up on the lock screen. These are the current settings for my power plan. How could I fix this? It is really annoying!

Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute 207dab00-75e7-4cf0-9202-d2b6e8fdbc22?upload=true.png Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute 6fa2ec53-03f2-4d62-81b7-539ea2e2c96d?upload=true.png Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute ab648e13-9e80-4998-a3a9-ea3c1f269398?upload=true.png

:)

SukhpalGosal, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

Thanks for the response but I have no screen saver set.

Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute [​IMG]

Any other suggestions? This is a royal PITA!

Dick Jagger, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute

1. Screen keeps locking after 1 Minute - Similar Threads - Screen keeps locking

2. screen goes dark after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen goes dark after 1 minute: Why does the screen on a portable go dark after a minute without use when all power sleep settings are set to never. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-dark-after-1-minute/9dd5e98f-0d5f-4e25-9086-13bd9679e0bb
  3. my lock screen times out after 1 minute. help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my lock screen times out after 1 minute. help: I have several issues. I would like to get help setting the timeout on the lock screen. Also the adiokeeps cutting off .. the asio driver for my Arturia program.is being blocked by Wavetable synth.If wecould get these things to work I would bw greatful....
  4. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity: I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but with no avail. My computer locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity. Hhelp me to sort it out I am in despair...
  5. Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen saver starting automatically after 1 minute of inactivity: I have changed my power settings in Windows 10 so many times I cannot count. I have my power settings set to not refresh until 20 minutes and have even set them to 40 minutes of non-use and Windows 10 continually locks my screen after 1 minute or less of inactivity. This...
  6. My laptop w/ Windows 10 [1803 version] keeps locking upi after 1 minute

My laptop w/ Windows 10 [1803 version] keeps locking upi after 1 minute: My laptop w/ Windows 10 [1803 version] keeps locking upi after 1 minute. I tried all the usual Power , Lock Screen, Screen Saver settings. It still locks up....
  7. PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle

PC shows lock screen after a few minutes idle: I can not get my pc to follow my Power and Sleep settings. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the screen is blank and I have to wake it and login. [img] 33957
  8. FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    FPS Droping After 1 Minute of Gameplay: Hey there as i told u in the title that is the probllem I open Dota 2 and i have 80+ FPS after some minutes of play it drops back to 60 sometimes 50 ive been watching gpu core and when i open game it runs with 1135~mhz and after 1 min it drops down to 600~mhz as u can see...
  9. Windows 10 is hard locking within 1 minute of boot (even login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is hard locking within 1 minute of boot (even login screen): I just put an old drive back onto system (Main hard drive won't boot at all currently see-https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/86082-windows-10-getting-automatic-repairing-diagnosing-pc-messages.html) The old drive had worked fine until Windows 10 did an update this...
  10. Freeze about 1 minute after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze about 1 minute after boot: Hello, My laptop runs fine in safe mode - W10/0/15063 When I boot in normal mode about 1 minute after booted the PC freezes - I have tried to restore/reset etc - I do not have - this is not possible. I have run sfc/scannow - no errors Help - where should I start...