Windows 10: Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...

Discus and support Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The screen of my Dell XPS 13 keeps randomly dimming when scrolling. There is no option for Adaptive Brightness in my power settings for Windows 10. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gemma W, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Gemma W Win User

Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...

The screen of my Dell XPS 13 keeps randomly dimming when scrolling. There is no option for Adaptive Brightness in my power settings for Windows 10. How do I make it stop doing this? It's incredibly frustrating.

:)

Gemma W, Jun 8, 2019

2. Screen brightness keeps changing from 100% (not adaptive brightness)

So, first off, I have already dealt with adaptive brightness, so screen brightness is not changing whenever I am actively using my laptop.

But sometimes when the screen dims (at 50% because it has been idle) and the screen turns off, taking it out of idle it will stay in a dimmed state (80%).

Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening? I can't find a setting that might be related, and I have my power plan set to 100% brightness (though it keep changing)...

Derick Wiebe, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Adaptive Dimming

Thank you for providing your answer to the questions.

If that did not resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Go back to the first setting that you've tried (Refer to your screenshot).
    • Under Dimmed display brightness, change the value of
      On battery
      and Plugged in option to "0".
    • Click Apply and restart your computer.
    Changing the value to "0" won't automatically reduce the display brightness of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kenneth Mon, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...

Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

Sounds very familiar, I get that irritation on my Laptop now and again. Some of this is probably also applicable to Desktops. It comes under the general banner of "Adaptive brightness and Power saving".

1) Power Options - Power and sleep > Additional power settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings.
    Scroll down the list to Display and expand that branch.
    Disable adaptive brightness.
    Make Dimmed display brightness the same as Display brightness.
    Apply > OK etc.

2) Intel HD graphics - Right click desktop > Graphics Properties...
    Power > Plugged in > Graphics Power Plans > Maximum performance.
    Other modes may auto-dim/bright the display.
    Apply etc. You can save that Profile if you wish.

You may have other options, but the principle is the same.

I always have to do both to stop the irritating adaptive brightness thing.

This is addition to similar things on a Monitor/TV.

Helmut, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in... - Similar Threads - Screen keeps randomly

2. Random screen dimming and loss of brightness control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random screen dimming and loss of brightness control: Windows 10 build 20H2 Dell Inspiron 7570 If I increase the brightness of the display using the brightness keys to reach maximum brightness, and then decrease brightness to minimum; Now if I increase the brightness once again to the maximum, it results in significantly...
  3. Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen dims on dark screens on desktop, no option to turn of adaptive brightness: So i just built a new computer and everytime i open a dark screen ie windows settings menus, starting up sea of thieves the screen dims until the color lightens up or a tab over to a brighter window. Before anyone suggests change the adaptive brightness, I've tried, there is...
  4. Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness keeps changing automatically. Adaptive brightness option is not there in the...: My display brightness keeps changing every time i switch between different apps. I've been having this issue for a long time. I'm using HP Omen Laptop. Windows 10. I saw another thread with the same issue but was unable to reply in it. I followed the steps that said the...
  5. Screen brightness too dim when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness too dim when unplugged: Hello, The maximum brightness when unplugged is way lower than when the laptop is plugged. I've been checking the screen- and batterysettings, but it doesn't bring solutions. Somehow, the screen goes to full brightness when unplugged when i am in my configuration-settings...
  6. No adaptive brightness option

No adaptive brightness option: Hello, I am not sure if I am asking in the correct section but long story short, I have a gaming laptop that gets too dark. In my past computers, All I would do is disable the adaptive display but I cant find it anywhere in this laptop. I have tried checking in the power...
  7. Why is the brightness of my screen keep dimming?

Why is the brightness of my screen keep dimming?: I do not have the 'night light' option on although I've tried that too. First time I sign on for the day, the display is dim. I set it brighter using the settings app but during the day, if I leave for an hour or so, the screen is dim again! How do I stop this from...
  8. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  9. My screen brightness it at 100%, but still seems a bit dim. There is no adaptive brightness...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My screen brightness it at 100%, but still seems a bit dim. There is no adaptive brightness...: thanks submitted by /u/ThrowawayOak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekt8s4/my_screen_brightness_it_at_100_but_still_seems_a/
  10. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus computer screen keeps dimming what is wrong? My computer does not have adaptive brightness to disable.

2. screen dimming when scrolling