Windows 10: Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...

Discus and support Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The screen of my Dell XPS 13 keeps randomly dimming when scrolling. There is no option for Adaptive Brightness in my power settings for Windows 10. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gemma W, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Gemma W Win User

Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...

The screen of my Dell XPS 13 keeps randomly dimming when scrolling. There is no option for Adaptive Brightness in my power settings for Windows 10. How do I make it stop doing this? It's incredibly frustrating.

:)

Gemma W, Jun 8, 2019

2. Screen brightness keeps changing from 100% (not adaptive brightness)

So, first off, I have already dealt with adaptive brightness, so screen brightness is not changing whenever I am actively using my laptop.

But sometimes when the screen dims (at 50% because it has been idle) and the screen turns off, taking it out of idle it will stay in a dimmed state (80%).

Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening? I can't find a setting that might be related, and I have my power plan set to 100% brightness (though it keep changing)...

Derick Wiebe, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Adaptive Dimming

Thank you for providing your answer to the questions.

If that did not resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Go back to the first setting that you've tried (Refer to your screenshot).
    • Under Dimmed display brightness, change the value of
      On battery
      and Plugged in option to "0".
    • Click Apply and restart your computer.
    Changing the value to "0" won't automatically reduce the display brightness of your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Kenneth Mon, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Helmut Win User

Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in...

Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

Sounds very familiar, I get that irritation on my Laptop now and again. Some of this is probably also applicable to Desktops. It comes under the general banner of "Adaptive brightness and Power saving".

1) Power Options - Power and sleep > Additional power settings > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings.
    Scroll down the list to Display and expand that branch.
    Disable adaptive brightness.
    Make Dimmed display brightness the same as Display brightness.
    Apply > OK etc.

2) Intel HD graphics - Right click desktop > Graphics Properties...
    Power > Plugged in > Graphics Power Plans > Maximum performance.
    Other modes may auto-dim/bright the display.
    Apply etc. You can save that Profile if you wish.

You may have other options, but the principle is the same.

I always have to do both to stop the irritating adaptive brightness thing.

This is addition to similar things on a Monitor/TV.

Helmut, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Screen keeps randomly dimming when scrolling; no option for Adaptive Brightness in... - Similar Threads - Screen keeps randomly

2. Screens dim when using office products

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screens dim when using office products: Whenever I open one of my Office 365 application (Word, Powerpoint), both of my monitors dim as if a blue light filter has been applied. When I close the Office application. The screen goes back to normal. This affects the entire monitor, not just the window with the Office...
  3. Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim: Hi there - I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1809 on an Asus UX-331 (i7-8559U; 8GB RAM). I'm having problems with my either monitor adapter or display adapter driver (Intel HD Graphics 620). I'm continually losing the ability to adjust screen brightness and am...
  4. Dim Screen

Dim Screen: Why did my screen go dim as soon as I plug in the charging cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-screen/229140df-7839-4113-9130-6b0f03674361
  5. Adaptive Brightness Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Brightness Issue: After the October update (1809), my laptop is not showing the setting on "Display" for enabling or disabling the adaptive brightness. This problem is very irritating where i have to keep changing my brightness level from time to time. The brightness level automatically...
  6. Screen keeps scrolling when viewing photos in Windows 10

Screen keeps scrolling when viewing photos in Windows 10: Hi. When I open a photo, the viewer flips through all of the photos. When I go to settings, the screen just scrolls to the bottom. This doesn't happen in other programs. How can I fix this? I also can't change the "Windows topics" window at the bottom of this page,...
  7. No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No options to turn OFF adaptive brightness / no power slider: Hello everyone! I'm stuck with a very weird problem I can't solve. I'm not a full-on reading binary style tech person but I'm using computers (and fix their problems) since forever and never ran against a wall like this: My Dell M3800 laptop turned on the adaptive...
  8. Screen brightness keeps adjusting

Screen brightness keeps adjusting: Every 10 sec's I get a bleep and the screen brightens or darkens alternatively. Any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-brightness-keeps-adjusting/91282db6-c7be-414b-8073-2824d1714d84
  9. Screen keeps scrolling to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen keeps scrolling to the top: Please Help, While on the browser my screen will keep scrolling to the top of the page after just a few moments after scrolling down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-scrolling-to-the-top/9c5e93de-739c-4a38-bcaf-b13729f1ba83
  10. Screen automatically dims when watching videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen automatically dims when watching videos: I have a Dell, and the screen dims depending on the colors on my screen. Example... I open a website whose home screen is dark colors, and my entire screen dims. I've tried to turn off night light, adaptive brightness... Nothing works. I want it off so I don't have to keep...