Windows 10: Screen keeps turning off despite changing it in Control Panel

Discus and support Screen keeps turning off despite changing it in Control Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran some diagnostic tools (System Mechanic) and it reset my settings for Screen Saving and Password. I have reset them to 'Never' (see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Leefoo, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Leefoo Win User

Screen keeps turning off despite changing it in Control Panel

I ran some diagnostic tools (System Mechanic) and it reset my settings for Screen Saving and Password.

I have reset them to 'Never' (see attachment), but obviously something else needs changed, because the Screen when dark and it wanted my password (which luckily I remembered).

So, what setting am I missing?

Thx

Screen keeps turning off despite changing it in Control Panel [​IMG]

:)

Leefoo, Dec 1, 2017

2. How can i keep my screen display on longer

In the Cortana search box, type screen saver. Check screen saver settings to see if the "Wait" time should be changed.

Search for power options. In Control Panel> Power options, check settings to see if the screen is being turned off or put to sleep sooner that you want. Change the setting.

Don

Don Varnau, Dec 1, 2017
  3. How to unblock Samsung publisher on Windows 10?

1) no, it was stored on the LAN and worked until I rebuilt win 10

2) when double clicking on the App

3) No

4) Not browser related

Cant run any app with unsigned or revoked certificate, UAC forbids it and tells me to contact the administrator (despite UAC being off in control panel)

Getting very fed up of having to fight MS policies on 10 pro that cripple it for business use.

Also looking for a way to turn defender off permanently as it turns itself on after about 15 mins, if my A/V is disabled (cant test with it enabled)

Cant turn off telemetry (unacceptable to some of our customers.. No data must leave the UK)

Cant control when updates download, (Already caused problems with payroll for another customer)

UAC refuses to turn off despite being set in control panel so unattended remote access is impossible,

SimonDungate, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Screen keeps turning off despite changing it in Control Panel

Hi Leefoo.

Have you checked Screen Saver settings?

Start > Personalization > Lock Screen > scroll to bottom of the right hand side of screen?

If that is not it you can search a thread "Screen turns off after 2 minutes". There was one just recently. I will see if I can find as well.

Ken

Edit: Found thread

Fall Creator Update Screen Turn Off Issue

Registry changes have an implied risk. Always have a backup.

Caledon Ken, Dec 1, 2017
Thema:

Screen keeps turning off despite changing it in Control Panel

1. Screen keeps turning off despite changing it in Control Panel - Similar Threads - Screen keeps turning

2. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer: Split from this thread. I have an opposite issue of this is that my screen doesn't turn "off". I have clearly set a timer in power and sleep, also I have edited my power plan to turn of my screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to set my power button the...
  3. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer: Split from this thread. I have an opposite issue of this is that my screen doesn't turn "off". I have clearly set a timer in power and sleep, also I have edited my power plan to turn of my screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to set my power button the...
  4. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  5. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off: I’m having trouble keeping my screen from going dark in about 20 minutes. I’ve researched this site and others, and have already tried the following: Set both “Screen” and “Sleep” to NEVER when plugged in. Went to “Additional Power Settings” and “Choose or Customize Power...
  6. Screen Turns Off despite being set to NEVER turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Bitlocker Can't be Turned off From Control Panel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Can't be Turned off From Control Panel: Hello. I have a question about Bitlocker . My Dell Inspiron came with Windows 10 1903 Home installed. I was able to suspend Bitlocker from the Control Panel. Once I updated to version 1909 I was unable to use the control panel to suspend Bitlocker because the...
  8. Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps keep turning on at startup despite being turned off in the settings.: My problem is as above. After I turn it off, the apps will not auto start itself at startup, but after a few startups, it will start to turn on again. It annoys me to see Microsoft teams, Zoom, Origin, Steam and Spotify jumping at me everytime I boot up my computer. Is...
  9. Screens keep turning off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens keep turning off.: My two screens keep turning off after a while, despite me having set the settings to "never". I've tried to find a solution but nothing works, they just keep turning off after some time of inactivity and they've only been doing it for the last few days....
  10. control Panel;programs;windowsfeatures turn off and on

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    control Panel;programs;windowsfeatures turn off and on: i came across this feature by accident . but as i read the window instructions i noticed that a few of my boxes were shaded in which means that only part of windows features was working. this got my curiosity up bc i have a whole army of problems stemming from my 2 in one...